Search results

1. P

Converting Klispch RP-160M to Active Crossover - REW/Equalizer APO

I recently started the the conversation of this Klipsch from passive to active, mainly just for the learning experience. Thus far I've removed the passive crossover and connecting the binding posts directly to the drivers. I am now designing the active crossover, tweeter first. Here are the...
  2. P

Heard a Revel and JBL Synthesis for the first time: F208, F228Be, 4367. A surprise for sure!

The other day I want to my local Revel dealer, US Tube Audio in Scottsdale, AZ I was able to listen to the F208, F228Be, and the JBL 4367. I thought I'd share my impressions. F208: Sounded fine to me, good low end, midrange sounded natural, top end was nice, over all nothing special. F228Be...
  3. P

Why isn't tweeter height talked about more?

Seeing often times the tweeter is the acoustic center of the speaker why don't more people talk about the tweeter height, or list it in the specs, especially on tower speakers? For me, I'm looking at tower speakers and am estimating that a lot of tower speakers tweeters would be aiming at the...
  4. P

20 year old flagship speaker vs today's best $2500 or under?

Hi everyone I'm currently in the market for a new pair of speakers to replace my Forte IIIs, budget is $2500. I keep debating with myself and thought I'd let you guys join in too. Get a 20 year old high-end flagship or the best $2500 or under pair you can get bookshelf or tower. Examples of...
  5. P

Current ESS Speaker Offerings

Good day everyone! I was on Facebook last night and got an ad for an interesting ESS Speaker. It was their AMT RM II-6 with dual 6" woofer and their Heil AMT in a wave guide. $1225 / pair. Anyone heard them? I'm not seeing any review or YouVideos for them. How about their other models...
  6. P

Does it matter if an amp has a linear power supply vs switching power supply? Starke AD4.320 vs NCore and ICEedge

Good day, I'm looking for a new amp and am seriously considering the new breed of Class Ds such as Hypex NCore, ICEPower ICEedge, and the seeming unique Starke Sound AD4.320 with NS600 Class D amp mods. Starke makes some interesting claims that made me wonder on the effect of the power supply...
Top Bottom