• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Current ESS Speaker Offerings

paulgyro

Good day everyone! I was on Facebook last night and got an ad for an interesting ESS Speaker. It was their AMT RM II-6 with dual 6" woofer and their Heil AMT in a wave guide. $1225 / pair. Anyone heard them? I'm not seeing any review or YouVideos for them.

How about their other models that go up to $4500/pair.

Thanks,
Paul

deafcon1

Good day everyone! I was on Facebook last night and got an ad for an interesting ESS Speaker. It was their AMT RM II-6 with dual 6" woofer and their Heil AMT in a wave guide. $1225 / pair. Anyone heard them? I'm not seeing any review or YouVideos for them.

How about their other models that go up to $4500/pair.

Thanks,
Paul, This is probably too late to be of any use. I own a pair of them. They are absolutely fantastic speakers. I bought them in the summer of 2021 to replace a pair of Klipsch Bookshelf/Monitor speakers. A friend of mine has owned a pair of ESS AMT 1As since the mid 1970s. He's had to replace components on them, but they still. sound incredible. In a recent A-B comparison the between the ESS AMT 1A and a pair of Klipsch Fortes. The Fortes lost!

deafcon1

Sadly ESS has sold out of all their speakers and are selling parts and headphones. I keep asking when they are going to start selling completed speakers again and the keep giving me dates that they aren't able to meet. Oh yeah, my friend's AMT 1As look just like the AMT Limited Edition that go for $4500 a pair.

Top Bottom