Search results

1. wrigglycheese

Any thoughts on Subwoofers? Measurements and accuracy?

Looking at adding a bit more weight to my Concept 20 speakers, I have a SUB OUT on my SMSL SA300 - shame no high pass filter but I don't want to pay the extra for an A/V receiver and I also absolutely ONLY want stereo. If there is one place complete accuracy does interest me it's below 80hz...
  2. wrigglycheese

Bitten by the bug and no control as usual..... B&W 606 s2 AE vs Concept 20?

So...... After spending £229 which is a great price for the Concept 20 I can't help wondering what the B&W 606 s2 AE sound like, seems to be some serious hype. THREE TIMES the price.... What you reckon, will I be wowed or.....
  3. wrigglycheese

Does anyone think the Sony STRHD190 would offer ANYTHING over the SMSL SA300?

SOUND QUALITY WISE ONLY. They were both delivered at the same time, I went with the SMSL as I do like the small, manageable form factor - is it worth me unboxing the Sony in anybodies opinion or is it just a waste of effort and I should just leave it boxed and send it straight back? Purely...
  4. wrigglycheese

A huge topic of debate? EXPENSIVE SPEAKER STANDS!

Well... Here we go. So I have been drawn into the audio thing again this time with a BUDGET amp and speaker setup - we won't go into detail there - SMSL SA300 and QA Concept 20 speakers (MINUS STANDS) Soooooooo yeah, myth or measured difference ? The particular recommended stands for the QA...
  5. wrigglycheese

Sony STRDH190 vs Denon PMA30 With Concept 20 - Sound Quality difference?

I have ordered the Sony STRDH190 to go with my new Concept 20 I will be listening at LOW volumes and just buying the best I can for my money. I am slowely losing my mind and considering getting the Denon PMA30 which is another £100+ with the idea to COMPLIMENT not hold back my Concept 20. IS...
  6. wrigglycheese

A good AMP for the Concept 20

Hello there! I was unsure if to post this here or in the AMP section, I actually leaned towards here, oddly. I did some research and on an extremely tight budget I found the Sony STRDH190 for £179 and the QA Concept 20 for £229. I have the Samsung NU8000 and TV sound is awful, we KNOW TV...
  7. wrigglycheese

Anybody had experience wih the AT ATH-A1000Z

Just curious as nothing much around on these, RELIABLE information wise. They're around £400. Any thoughts, info, comparisons, experience etc, all WELCOME and appreciated. Driver capability is MUST as I like to EQ to taste.
  8. wrigglycheese

Is there a reason Shure and Denon headphones don't get talked about much on here?

Like the SRH1540 and Denon AHD5200EM For example. Shure and Denon I don't seem to see much about.... I looked at the Shure at the same price point as the Denon AHD5200EM
  9. wrigglycheese

Understanding easy to drive headphones vs 600OHM monsters and the impact of/requirement for, a headphone AMP

So like, if I had a pair of 24 OHM Headphones (WTH?) and a Pair of 600OHM say, DT 990 - would the easy to drive low impedance headphones benefit in ANY WAY.... From for example, a basic headphone amp like the JDS Atom. Obvoously with Cans like the T50rp and DT990 600 OHM you kinda 'need' a...
  10. wrigglycheese

What makes more difference to Sound Signature. The AMP? Or The DAC ?

Hello, For me the most difference to sonic signature comes from the headphones or speakers. BY FAR. However, second to that, what has the most effect, the AMP or the DAC ? (Assuming one is buying seperately of course) HYPOTHETICALLY, lets say I had the Denon AHD5200EM headphones, (I don't...
  11. wrigglycheese

JDS Labs EL AMP II vs SMSL SP200

JDS Labs EL AMP II £329 https://www.amazon.co.uk/JDS-Labs-AMP-Headphone-Amplifier/dp/B085HRLSS5/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=JDS+Labs+ELEMENT+II&qid=1605897375&quartzVehicle=45-600&replacementKeywords=jds+labs+ii&sr=8-1 SMSL SP200 £240...
  12. wrigglycheese

Finding it frustrating to find a cable for Sundara - will this work?

The cable that comes with the Sundara is too short. I want a basic replacement which seems hard to find. Will this do it...
  13. wrigglycheese

A modern DAC to replace Dacmagic 100

For an old DAC the CA DacMagic 100 apparently is a pretty decent DAC. However I have the SMSL SP200 AMP and I am wondering what would be the cheapest I could spend that is an UPGRADE in audio quality from the DacMagic 100. No care for fancy features like Bluetooth or remotes, nothing against...
  14. wrigglycheese

Which is the higher quality headphone HD560s vs DT990 600OHM

I have both these. Basic setup which is Dacmagic 100 DAC and SMSL SP200 AMP (So I have the juice to drive 600OHM, low gain) What my question is based on is not sound signature preference. I actually much prefer the sound signature of the HD560s and I DO NOT like the sparkly V shaped recessed...
  15. wrigglycheese

Fiio K5 Pro vs Seperate DAC+AMP for Fostex t50rp Mk3

Greetings, so many sections I hope this is somewhat appropriate. Currently I have a choice. Fostex T50rp Mk3 + Fiio K5 Pro Or Fostex T50rp Mk3 + Cambridge Audio DacMagic 100 and a dedicated Headphone AMP worth £150-200. (I am in the UK) I would be supremely appreciative of any thoughts here...
  16. wrigglycheese

Fiio K5 Pro vs Seperate DAC+AMP with Mk3

Completely wrong section sorry please delete this.
Top Bottom