Search results

1. Bimbleton

How to correct seat-seat variation?

Hello, I’ve got a Revel C208 crossed over at 60Hz. Center is about ~6inches away from the wall, with some 2” foam panels covering the wall behind the center. Seating is a three seat couch. Audyssey is limited to only correcting until 80Hz on the center — the reason is, any further correction...
  2. Bimbleton

Revel C208 owners - recommended settings

Hullo, New owner of C208. Was wondering, if anyone else owns a C208: — could you post your REW frequency response, including the subwoofer? — how far in the frequency range do you correct it? — I’ve found that if I correct the low 100’s Hz, dialogue starts to sound nasally/honky. Have you...
  3. Bimbleton

Adjusting Speaker+Sub as a single unit

Hello, A bit of a complicated issue. The question is: on a Denon receiver, what settings will allow me to change the balance of a speaker+sub as a single channel? The goal is to have the sum L+R response roughly equivalent to Center. Clarification: I would like the sum response of the...
  4. Bimbleton

Excluding a speaker from Audyssey Correction

Hello, Recently got a Revel C208 Center and a second HSU VTF2. Spent much time correcting all the speakers to something that looked good (see pic). Surprise! The center sounded horrible -- way too much bass in dialogue, everyone sounded like they had a cold. When I disabled Audyssey altogether...
  5. Bimbleton

90% Movies, Corner Loading Room - which sub?

Narrowed down to these two. Equivalent price. May buy a second years down the road. Which do you recommend? 13x22x7’ media room, with 2 adjacent 10x10 rooms separated by a door. Concrete slab MLP 8ft away Vast majority is movie watching at 90-95db bass max. My brain says get the ported because...
  6. Bimbleton

Vocal clarity and tubby bass

Hello, Have a few various questions, and would love some input. Current setup: Denon X3700H + MultEq X driving Revel F35 LR + C25 center + Pioneer BS22 rears + Polk OWM3 x4 overhead atmos, Subwoofer HSU VTF2-Mk5. Acoustic treatment - 4 large ATS acoustics panels Revels are corrected to around...
  7. Bimbleton

Stereo Imaging off center - could room treatment help?

Hello, Bought a new home with a nice media room. Roughly 20x11, with an adjacent 10x10 office room to the right of the TV/speakers. Separating these two rooms is a wooden/glass door which I covered with mass loaded vinyl and 2 curtains. Every time I listen to stereo music, the higher...
Top Bottom