Search results

1. M

Best portable DAC/amp under $50?

Hey! Are there any transparent DAC/amps for under $50? If not, what get's the closest?
  2. M

Is power the only way to compare amplifiers in terms of how loud they can make headphones?

I'm asking because when comparing the Schiit Magni 3+ to the Schitt Asgard 3, the Asgard 3 seems to only be marginally louder on the Fostex T60's. I understand they're lower impedance and therefore more current based, but I was still shocked to find that the Asgard 3 didn't really make them all...
  3. M

How to get 4 Vrms from RCA?

In a couple of his reviews of Toppings products, Amir mentioned that to get the full power ratings, a DAC outputing 4 volts via RCA would be required. Is there anyway of increasing the voltage on a given DAC? If not, which specific DACs do you recommend that have 4 volt RCA?
  4. M

Can a SPDIF switcher or receiver add noise or distortion to a system?

For example, would this switcher or this splitter add noise or distortion to my audio system? My intuition tells me no as the former just uses a switch to change outputs, so there's no room for it to add noise or distortion while the splitter shouldn't because it has to do is exactly copy the...
  5. M

Can a SPDIF switcher or receiver add noise or distortion to a system?

For example, would this switcher or this splitter add noise or distortion to my audio system? My intuition tells me no as the former just uses a switch to change outputs, so there's no room for it to add noise or distortion while the splitter shouldn't because it has to do is exactly copy the...
Top Bottom