Search results

1. Snarfie

Looking for news source/app that does not follow my preference just general news

Using for some years Google News an starting to get depressed. What is offerd is mostly based on my click habbit probably:facepalm:. Im looking for a news source just covering general news not specificly based on my specific taste. For indepth News an back ground i have a Dutch Quality (so they...
  2. Snarfie

Exploring (personalized) Audio Spaces and Musical Discoveries

At 64, my ongoing fascination with audio and music persists. At home, I've crafted a dedicated Mancave, partly fine-tuning reverb-time with room treatment and employing room correction software for a close too pristine sound experience. Despite this audio haven, the living room where i live 90%...
  3. Snarfie

What is your favorite Cover version

Came a cross Ego Ella May an stuck listening to here albums has something from Biilie Holiday. She made imo an excellent cover version of Chico Hamilton's "The Morning Side Of Love" on Blue Note. Any other suggestions?
  4. Snarfie

How to choose a new TV.

Did bought last week a new TV TCL 50C635 considered a budget TV. Went from a plasma TV from 15 years old 1K to a smart 4K resolution TV difference/experience is enormous. Basically bought this TV because of it positive reviews low power consumption (compared with the old plasma TV) it has more...
  5. Snarfie

Make your own version/re-master

These days you sometimes can find the multi-track of songs. For instance Ben Keursser publish on Soundcould the stems/multi track of Steely Dan's Kid-Charlemagne. So using this public multitracks/stems you can make your own version/re-master. Are there other members making private their...
  6. Snarfie

What about AI creating (quality) music.

What about AI creating quality music. I was an are still not able to play the piano can play a bit bass guitar but thats it. Around 12 years ago i came a cross the Schwarzonator from Henrik Swartch as a plug-inn in Ableton. It is software that lets you progress key-cords fully automatically...
  7. Snarfie

With or without Room Correction/DSP

For what it's worth any opinions about the difference between the two recordings with and without RC/DSP. It's simply hand recorded with an android phone mono so not optimal. The correction is done with Mathaudio Room EQ. Grey-line is sample2 uncorrected, white-line is the corrected target...
  8. Snarfie

EQ for Dummies a AKG K514 MKII Headphone EQ (using Mathaudio Headphone EQ)

Yes i know it is not the most desired headphone but i like to correct this budget headphone an see what is can do after a frequency correction. I really don't get it with Mathaudio headphone EQ if i hear the sweep tone i got the impression everything sound fine. Problem is I don't have a...
  9. Snarfie

Mathaudio Room EQ users (tips & tricks)

For about 3 years I'm using Mathaudio Room EQ an quite happy with it. https://mathaudio.com/room-eq.htm I did compared it to Lyndorf an got the subjective impression that both sounded similar. I don't have other experiences with DRC software. Dominikz did a interesting/elaborate comparison with...
  10. Snarfie

Are today's Contact sprays save enough to treath your Pot-meters with.

Some 20-30 years ago i was advised not to use Contact sprays to use on a cracking pot-meters over the time it could damage the pot-meters. Was that at the time a good advise or nonsens.? Are current contact sprays better engineerd compared with 20-30 years ago.?
  11. Snarfie

Any opinions regarding protest Mercedes 2021 F1 championship

I became the last 3 hours as a Dutch native 20 years older :facepalm:
  12. Snarfie

Let hear your music set(s)

For me personal making music sets is a more ore less relaxing hobby. It range from deep house to lets say quality recording audio/music sets. I don't know if other members have the same hobby/habit ;) but if so it would be nice to publish something in this topic. A tracklist would be helpful to...
  13. Snarfie

Measuring audio gear from the point of view of developers an reviewer(s).

Found this recent interview on Stereophile. At minute 28:00 they addressed the RF distortion picking up by cables like speaker, AC other cables acting as an antenna causing a Amp sounding different because of RF distortion. Knowing this problem will be here for the unforeseeable future (think of...
  14. Snarfie

Does a clean power supply matter.

I was wondering if a clean power-supply really matter. I understand that a clean power-supply is all about reducing the amount of noise generated by electrical sources. But what sort effect has a such device is it audible or in the same category as changing cables. If you using for instance an...
  15. Snarfie

What did we regret in our audio life.

When i was 23 (1982) i was more ore less introduced in to Jazz. Till that time Beatles, Steely Dan, CSNY, 10cc an so on where my music of choice en lots of soul, funk & disco. So in 1982 i could get hold of some jazz records mostly fusion crossover music from a friend who was on holiday so i...
  16. Snarfie

Will buy a Vandersteen Model 2Ce but want to use 1 amplifier instead of bi-amping for now.

Yes tomorrow i'm gone buy me a pair of Vandies model 2Ce. Only issiue is i want to use only 1 amplifier for now but i'm missing shorting strips. To solve the problem for now i'm planning to strip my isolation of my speaker cables suche that i can pull 2 bananaplugs over them. One pair will...
  17. Snarfie

Dutch reviewer Hans Beekhuyzen stated that an DIY Hypex based nc400 amp can't sound better than an much more expensive Class D amp

In June this year i ask Hans in a private FB messages what his opinion was regarding class D amp's. As an example i sent him the test of Amirm review Hypex nc400 Hans in Holland is well known as a audio reviewer opinion guy with quit a track record so I thought his opinion counts...
  18. Snarfie

How to correct a -8db between 100 an 175 hz

I'm using mathaudio room EQ an got my self quite a dip -8db dip between a 100 an 175 Hz on my IMF CM2 monitors. I see more or less as a negative bell curve. Now with a simple eq vst it is quite difficiult to determine the precies bandwith (between 100 and 175Hz). Result could be a uncontrolled...
  19. Snarfie

Do calibration files for measuring Mic's matter?

Spoke sometime a go an sound engineer who is working for a company which does measuring in the music industry like studio's live events but also boardrooms, canteens etc but most work is done for infrastructure like sound walls for absorbing/deflecting traffic noise and other environment...
  20. Snarfie

Mancave Attic upgrade. First item made a Drum lamp.

Did could get hold of some used drum parts some time/years ago. Never looked at it any more. Till lately when i rediscover my music again thanx to DSP I spent now way more time listning to music so It got time to upgrade the Man-cave attic. Regarding old drums did notice that most work is...
Top Bottom