Search results

1. N

Worth getting a DAC for my setup?

May be seen as a sin by some, but I have been running my Neumann KH 80's straight off of my Motherboards onboard sound (XLR to RCA cable > 3.5mm adapter) since I purchased them ~2 years ago. It's an MSI B450 ITX board with the ALC887 chipset. Subjectivism aside, If we assume the motherboard...
  2. N

Adam T10S standby

Is popping when waking up from standby normal with this subwoofer? Most of the time it's fairly quiet, but occasionally it's a somewhat loud pop which I hear through the monitors. You can't disable the standby on this thing, so yeah. I'm using the unbalanced RCA in/outs.
  3. N

One speaker clipping (Neumann KH 80) seemingly much earlier than the other

For clarity my full setup is: Neumann KH 80 pair Minidsp 2x4: The maximum output of the non HD version is 0.9vrms and it's connected straight into my PC's onboard audio so I have to run the KH 80's at 0db input gain and 108dB output level on the back controls to get a reasonable volume. BK...
  4. N

Is the regular minidsp 2x4 adequate enough to use as a crossover?

I want to use the minidsp as an external crossover to high pass my Neumann KH80's with a subwoofer. I know the HD version will offer more options (higher output voltage, more delay/PEQ bands etc) but it's more than twice the price in the UK (regular 2x4 is £100, HD is almost £250). If I'm just...
  5. N

XTZ Tune 4 - anyone has these?

I'm looking for some active/powered speakers that have a sub output, to use nearfield with a subwoofer which I already have. Came across these https://www.xtzsound.eu/product/tune-4?technical which seem to have pretty good specs on paper, 52hz -3 point for a 4 inch woofer seems really good, ...
Top Bottom