1. eddantes

I asked my AI friend to design (visual - not technical) some cool speakers

I think it did an admirable job!
  2. eddantes

Nevermind

Sorry guys...
  3. eddantes

Eurovision 2023

Yeah... lets dooo dis! I know there's probably more hate than love for Eurovision here, but I'm firmly in the love camp. And "camp" it is! The sillier - the better. And no - that does not mean the music sucks, it's just music to have fun with. So with that said - 2023 Semifinal 1 just...
  4. eddantes

I know we're not supposed to post crypto stuff - but y'all gotta see this

https://peertube.social/w/nzEJmpNEpTmxfoae1MN8jW If that video is too long, here's the twitter thread that brought this to light
  5. eddantes

What makes you feel alive?

As I enter my middle age (50s), I am on the cusp of a career change. Hopefully it's by choice, but the storm clouds have been gathering so it looks like it will happen by choice or otherwise. So I find myself looking at my next decade or two (should providence grant them) and asking "what...
  6. eddantes

After 40 years... they're abbaaaack!

ABBA is back with an album n show... First two songs below As an aspiring geezeer, I for one welcome our new (old) pop-overlords.
  7. eddantes

Non-objective experiment (for self)

I've said it before, but I am very greatful for this site and all the wonderful people and their tireless labours in contributing to the "objective measurements" discussion we have here. To me it's been an eye opener! One of the problems that I have is that I have a hard time corelating the...
  8. eddantes

Fantastic piece of writing about the "Influencer phenomenon"

I figure most of us here are geezers that might have a hard time accepting some of the changes the world has experienced over the past few years. As an older GenXer, I feel the tiniest bit of "ownership" around the development of online culture (After all... it was us of the BBS and Usenet...
  9. eddantes

Testing

Ignore
  10. eddantes

You can now take your love of Snap, Crackle, and Pop on the road (not about Rice Crispies!)

https://jalopnik.com/the-lexus-is-wax-edition-is-the-pinnacle-of-car-audio-s-1846530785 That's right... Lexus has inserted a turntable into the glovebox of an IS... While it will never be in production, and surely the reson to do it is for people like me to say "Hey, y'all WTF!?" and post a...
  11. eddantes

High SINAD, low power, low cost power amp - does such a thing exist?

More problem definition : Power Amp = just power (not an integrated) High SINAD = >90db (if too high a threshold >85db) Low Power = <25W (any power rating is fine if the other criteria is met, even <5W) Low Cost = <$200 (if too low a threshold <$300) Does such a thing exist? I've done some...
  12. eddantes

Inexpensive DAC with multiple unbalanced outs?

Does anyone know if a relatively inexpensive DAC with multiple unbalanced outs? Something with volume control that can drive an amp and a sub? I know MiniDSP SHD can do it, but what else is out there?
  13. eddantes

Factory tour videos

I really enjoy these factory tour videos, and I thought someone here might too. Here's Eminence factory tour. Certainly more "factory" than artisan (and obviously less fancy-pants than that B&W video I saw here recently), but very interesting and well done! Enjoy. Also - please post links...
Top Bottom