• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

You can now take your love of Snap, Crackle, and Pop on the road (not about Rice Crispies!)

eddantes

Addicted to Fun and Learning
https://jalopnik.com/the-lexus-is-wax-edition-is-the-pinnacle-of-car-audio-s-1846530785

1616528703642.png

That's right... Lexus has inserted a turntable into the glovebox of an IS...

While it will never be in production, and surely the reson to do it is for people like me to say "Hey, y'all WTF!?" and post a link - so we're talking about Lexus...

Still - hey y'all WTF! G'dam hipster millenials ruining gloveboxes now!

(all in jest - in case it's not obvious)

egellings

Major Contributor
Hadn't automotive vinyl turntables been attempted much earlier in automotive history?

Hugo9000

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Another example of "everything old is new again."

They were available in 1956.

That one took proprietary records. Later, RCA marketed a model that could play standard 45 RPM records. There were a few other brands who tried to make a go of it as well. LOL Before my time, but I recalled reading about them a while back when looking up music media formats and history.

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I would have loved to assist at the meeting where they decided to go ahead with that harebrained idea, rather than fire the dimwit(s?) who came up with it !!! I mean... WTF!!!! :mad:

somebodyelse

Major Contributor
I would have loved to assist at the meeting where they decided to go ahead with that harebrained idea, rather than fire the dimwit(s?) who came up with it !!! I mean... WTF!!!! :mad:
It's a concept car - including harebrained ideas is often a requirement! It's got them some publicity, so job done.

Top Bottom