Search results

1. B

Parametric EQ filters for A-weighting

I'm looking to apply the A-weighting curve with a parametric EQ, using the standard filters and frequency, gain, Q/BW values. Minimum phase preferred, but linear is fine too. Does anyone know the correct values? (@jaakkopasanen ?) It doesn't have to be extremely precise, but let's say good...
  2. B

subsonic/infrasonic test for the gear reviews

The Apple USB-C dongle apparently has some trouble with very low frequencies, it produces some noise/distortion/clipping when playing such content. The problem is easily audible, but Amir's review didn't show it. So maybe adding something like this to the reviews would be useful. But I can't...
  3. B

Volume matching two amplifiers

I'd like to match the levels of two amps with a multimeter, so that they both produce the same volume when using the same speakers. For my needs, testing with a simple test tone (like a 400Hz sine wave) is fine. Do I just measure the AC voltage from the speaker terminals? With a speaker load...
  4. B

The limits of 44.1k, filters and latency

Is 44.1kHz fine as a delivery format and we don't need anything more? Just about the only objection from reasonable people I see is that it's hard to filter content in a DAC with that sample rate... Now, I only have a very superficial understanding of how a (modern) DAC works. From what I've...
  5. B

Device manufacturers: Please add DSP

As you may know, there are more and more people putting effort into measurements and EQ profiles for speakers and headphones. A user can then apply that EQ with something like EqualizerAPO. That's all fine and dandy.... unless you need ASIO and low latency. In that case, 3rd party solutions like...
  6. B

Cheap headphone amp (low impedance)

I'm looking for a cheap amp to drive low impedance (32 Ohm) headphones. So I'd like to have low output impedance on the amp. I just need analog line in and headphone out. No DAC and no battery. A potentiometer is not even strictly necessary. Ideally it would be powered via USB, but I can live...
  7. B

BT200 Bluetooth/USB receiver - review

This is a review of the "BT200" Bluetooth NFC wireless receiver + USB player. The price starts at around $8.50 from the usual suppliers of gadgets from China. Features: - Bluetooth (5.0) receiver with RCA and TRS 3.5mm outputs - NFC sensor for pairing and quickly connecting/disconnecting a BT...
Top Bottom