Search results

1. roog

How are voltage disturbances dealt with in a power amplifier?

Triggered by the discussion breaking out in the recent Nordost cable review thread which seems to have drifted into the perceived impact of 'impure mains' on audio equipment. @amirm It might be helpful to demonstrate, by measurement, the impact of both mains disturbances but also the power...
  2. roog

Pros and cons of Bridged configuration?

Hi you knowledgeable techies, I wonder if I could benefit from your knowledge about Bridged power amplifiers please? I note that some designs are offered with bridged configuration as an option, what are the pros and cons to doing this? And given the plethora of low cost class D amplifiers...
  3. roog

So, are Class A power amplifiers actually any good?

As per the title, despite their inefficient design, heat output, cost and weight, class A power amplifiers are often upheld as a kind of 'gold standard' on many forums with out objective justification. I note that very few, (I can't recall one), have been tested on this very illustrious site...
  4. roog

Audiophiles, generally don't like class D amps!

Ok, I know I shouldn't, but I've been reading feed back on an audiophile site on experiences with various Class D based amplifiers. (Purifi, Ncore, and a couple of others less well known to me) I expected a bit of bias towards older technologies, but it was close to 100% against class D. What...
  5. roog

Room Correction, Dirac and devices that can implement it?

I have been contemplating trying room acoustics correction in my system for quite some time and wondered what would be the 'best way' for me to add it to my quite generic system? Dirac seems to be quite prevalent in their field, perhaps because of their marketing in the field of domestic HiFi...
  6. roog

Choosing a computer for my DIY Classic 'Cassette based' Audio Streamer

I would like to make my own streamer, more precisely, I would like to create a themed custom case for a streamer and I am at a loss as to which 'computer' to use? The feature set I would like are: (like being the operative word here) Access to Qobuz or and Tidal natively Output that can be...
  7. roog

Does anyone know of an integrated amp which uses Eigentakt power modules?

I have an interest in trying the much lauded Eigentakt technology, I see lots of people offering power amps of this type, but I would prefer an integrated amplifier rather than separate pre and power, does anyone know of such a thing please?
  8. roog

Rose Audio RA180 Integrated

The Rose RA180, visually distinctive, certainly but perhaps a little too confusing with so many styles going on. https://hifirose.com/RA180 Seems to have active crossover feature and multiple amps to complement this. Ability to bridge them for 400W into 2ch! plus it has dinky little UV meters...
  9. roog

Looking for a book on "digital audio electronics"

Can anyone recommend a good book on digital audio electronics, please? I am primarily interested in improving my understanding of the techniques, processes and practical implementation of digital electronics in audio systems. If I cast my mind back over 30 years, when I was at University, I...
  10. roog

PC based (NUC) Audio Streamer

Hi, apologies for the simplistic approach but I am not especially tech savvy. Whilst waiting for the ASR optimal solution to the DIY Stereo music streamer project, I am considering assembling a simple one from readily available parts. I will be using my existing NAS and Qobuz subscription as my...
  11. roog

What do you use to implement DSP?

I notice that DSP gets a mention here from time to time, I just wondered what people use to implement DSP in their systems? I like the look of DIRAC and I currently use an RME ADI-2 fs DAC which has a simple parametric equaliser, just wondering if there is something out there that allows...
Top Bottom