Search results

1. ck42

Looking for small 2 ch amp with sub pre-out

Looking for something like an A07 but that has a sub pre-out. Just for desktop use so any of the Class D 40-50W/ch with decent performance would do. It's the sub pre-out that is really making things difficult. Otherwise, I'm looking at using a LOC into a stereo to mono adapter to feed the sub...
  2. ck42

JRiver PEQ switching

Considering JRiver. What I want to be able to do though it to FAIRLY easily switch PEQ 'profiles/settings' based on whether I'm listening to speakers or headphones (or even over-ear or IEMs). I can't seem to find anything online that shows this. Can anyone shed any light on this?
  3. ck42

Going into withdrawals...

No reviews since Tuesday.....:eek: @amirm
  4. ck42

My AAM (moded BS-22) vs Amir's. Why the difference

Not sure where to start with this. I'm fairly green with REW but think I know enough to be dangerous. Reason for this post is that I seem to be measuring something QUITE different than what Amir measured for a speaker that I also have. In Amir's measurement here, we can see how flat things are...
  5. ck42

DIY Speakers - Proposal for community purchasing and building?

Being really interested in so many of the different DIY kits out there, I'd love to see more actual reviews performed on these DIY speakers here on ASR. I think it's assumable though that no one here wants to purchase these kits by themselves (some cost some serious $) just to build them, ship...
  6. ck42

Room correction solutions

Looking for all-digital capable room correction solutions, it seems like the least expensive option out there is the miniDSP SHD Studio (w/Dirac)....with no competition. Am I missing something? Are there really no other contenders in this price range? Seems like miniDSP could offer the nanoDigi...
  7. ck42

Need to bounce 2ch amp decision off someone

Thoughts on comparison between Emotiva BasX A-100 and Audiophonics MPA-S125NC? The power on either is sufficient for the application. The Emotiva is rated a little higher so that would be nice, but it's not enough to force a decision between the two. Having a volume knob would be nice but not...
  8. ck42

Room correction - The final step

Any chance of somehow adapting the output from this to feed into REW? ;) https://www.polytec.com/fileadmin/d/Vibrometrie/OM_DS_HLV_E_42245.pdf
  9. ck42

RCA signal splitting - Good idea or nay?

Working through a design and have reached a certain point. I either need to purchase another DAC or I need to be able to split an RCA output from an existing DAC into two pairs of RCA signals. Thoughts on this?
  10. ck42

TOSLINK 'Y-adapter' needed [Disregard]

Please delete
  11. ck42

miniDSP HD: unbalanced input usage

Thinking through a setup I'm planning. Question - Is there any benefit to feeding the miniDSP with a digital input (from a laptop) vs feeding the miniDSP from the unbalanced output of a separate DAC? (Assume the other DAC is doing a much better job than the miniDSP and that the DAC does NOT...
  12. ck42

Thoughts on creating DIY powered DSP speakers

So I'm currently looking to replace the regular passive speakers I have in my office (14'x12' - do a lot of listening in there - work from home). Bear with me a second while I explain why I've created the thread in the first place. Sorry for the lengthy post...I tried to keep to just the bare...
  13. ck42

Ditch the CD transport and go with computer?

Tossing around the idea of possibly moving away from (selling) my CD player and just going with a dedicated computer for my music source. The plus's are that it would free up space...and if I could get a decent price for it, would fund other upgrades. It would also be much more convenient being...
  14. ck42

Looking for high-pass xover solution for 2.1 desk setup

I'm trying to find a solution to provide high pass xover for some Overnight Sensation speakers and a small sub for my office. (Amp doesn't provide this function - only has a LOWpass xover built-in ) Trying to cap the cost somewhere around $200 (very hard to justify more than that with this...
Top Bottom