• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Need to bounce 2ch amp decision off someone

ck42

Forum Donor
Thoughts on comparison between Emotiva BasX A-100 and Audiophonics MPA-S125NC?

The power on either is sufficient for the application. The Emotiva is rated a little higher so that would be nice, but it's not enough to force a decision between the two.
Having a volume knob would be nice but not necessary.
Having the ability to have balanced inputs on the Audiophonics is a plus...
Performance wise, it's difficult to compare based on what information I can find online. (actually really surprised that the A-100 hasn't been reviewed here...yet)
The Audiophonics cost a little more, but not enough to let that sway my decision if I am convinced that the performance difference is great enough.

Thoughts?

muad

Thoughts on comparison between Emotiva BasX A-100 and Audiophonics MPA-S125NC?

The power on either is sufficient for the application. The Emotiva is rated a little higher so that would be nice, but it's not enough to force a decision between the two.
Having a volume knob would be nice but not necessary.
Having the ability to have balanced inputs on the Audiophonics is a plus...
Performance wise, it's difficult to compare based on what information I can find online. (actually really surprised that the A-100 hasn't been reviewed here...yet)
The Audiophonics cost a little more, but not enough to let that sway my decision if I am convinced that the performance difference is great enough.

Thoughts?

For what its worth, I measured my speaker using the nc252 and the emotiva, and it showed 2 extra db in the low frequencies with the emotiva. They actually sounded different due to this.

I am biased, so I would assume the ncore is more accurate. Plus it runs cooler and will almost certainly measure better. Both are quality units and ultimately you cannot go wrong with either. I recommend choosing the one that provides the features you want.

Top Bottom