Search results

1. S

Passive DIY sub integration

Hiya ^^ I am planning my first diy sub build rn (Dayton Audio RSS390HF-4), and am stuck on the integration into my existing setup. Right now, my setup looks like this: now, my sub build is passive, so I need an amp for it. It will stand right on my desk since this is a studioish setup and I...
  2. S

Y-Connecting l + r amp out channels into one mono without resistors

One question: Why can it fry the amp? Please be technical but basic.
  3. S

Amp/DAC for Adam A7X + Adam T10s + HD6XX

Hello good people, My Adam A7X and T10s sub will arrive soon. I am still in need of a better audio interface so I came here for advice. Basically I need a DAC to connect to my PC and a Headphone amp to feed my HD6XX and ideally also connect to the A7X at the same time. In terms of budget I...
  4. S

Give me your opinion on my listening impressions!

Hello beautiful people, I just had the chance today to get a drive to Thomann, which is europes biggest music store. I am a student, I don't have a drivers license or a car and you cant really get there by public transport, so obviously I took the chance. I was mainly interested in listening...
  5. S

Genelec 8040 vs 8030 vs Neumann KH 120

Hey everyone, Since I want a new pair of speakers I went to a music store today to hear some nearfield monitors. I need them just to enjoy Music, Gaming, watching movies and general entertainment stuff on my PC setup. I won't produce my own music for now, though I'd like to get into modular...
  6. S

Isolating a wall to my roommate

Hey there, I recently moved into a shared flat. The problem is that the wall to my roommate's room does not insulate noise at all. I'm quite nocturnal and often stay up late at night with friends in voice chat, while she wants to go to sleep earlier. Even when I almost whisper she hears it...
  7. S

Searching for some budget near-field monitors

Hello everyone, I am searching for some cheaper active near-field monitors in the 200-300€ price range. Currently I am using some pretty old bose (companion 2 series 2) pc speakers that do the job but since I started producing music it really is time for an upgrade. I produce techno that is...
  8. S

Amplifier for the KEF LS50s

Greetings! I decided myself for a pair of LS50s. In Germany, they cost only 660€ a pair right now. And now I am at the most difficult part of finding a suitable amp for the speakers. I am listening mainly in near field. When I don't, listening distance lies at around 4 meters. My taste of music...
  9. S

near field speakers with good dynamics

Hello everyone, since I am looking for a mainly near field use stereo system, I visited a hifi store yesterday. I listened to a pair of klipsch rp-600m. I liked them immediately. I love the high dynamics of these speakers. However, when I stepped closer to listen in near field they sounded not...
  10. S

schiit magni 3 + schiit modi 3 vs Massdrop Objective 2 headphone amp + Massdrop x Grace Design DAC

Hello everyone! I am currently on the search for a nice seperate dac + headphone amp combo. I am now undecided between the two combos I mentioned in the title. I am using the Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6xx headphones. The schiit stack would cost me 260€ whereas the Massdrop combo around 200€. Do...
Top Bottom