Search results

1. V

Rogers LS3/5a (BBC) Speaker Review

It was 1700 dutch gulden (aprox 765 euros) a pair at the end of the '80. BTW: this is a fairly old one. Later ones have an impedance of 11 ohm.
  2. V

Vintage amplifiers that could challenge or approach current state of the art amplifiers

See https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?goto/post&id=1439447 ;)
  3. V

Vintage amplifiers that could challenge or approach current state of the art amplifiers

Finally someone who recognizes quality. The amount of likes to my initial post is pretty low IMHO.
  4. V

SMSL SU-1 Stereo DAC Review

Tell that to the makers of the Wiim “Pro”.
  5. V

WiiM Pro - Review & Measurements (Streamer)

Wiim Plus would have been a better name than Wiim Pro and it would leave room for a real pro version.
  6. V

WiiM Pro Streamer

Well, the current Pro should have been called Plus, leaving room for a real Pro with a "pro"-dac (which pro-dac it should be is t.b.d.).
  7. V

WiiM Pro Streamer

Meanwhile it is March and the Wiim Pro is still vaporware in Europe...
  8. V

WiiM Pro Streamer

See https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/audiophonics-da-s250nc-and-daw-s250nc-new-integrated-amps-with-dac-streamer-and-ncore.38726/
  9. V

WiiM Pro Streamer

It all depends on availability. For now, the Wiim Pro looks like vaporware, at least in Europe...
  10. V

WiiM Pro Streamer

when I use 4 loudspeakers in the same room, driven by 2 Wiim Pros: how is ensured they will be in-sync?
  11. V

Indeed, and if you look at the speakers on the floor on the left and the rack on the left this might be quite a candy store for us...
  12. V

value-for-money solution to drive 3x2 ceiling speakers

@Apesbrain: thank you for the suggestion. Interesting, although it doesn’t have to be that cheap. I forgot the word “not” in the last scentence, my apologies. Overall I’m happy to spend €500-1000 if that would give me a decent sound (given the contraints). What I also didn’t mention is that 4...
  13. V

value-for-money solution to drive 3x2 ceiling speakers

So I moved to a new house with 6 loudspeakers in the ceiling of the living room. The speaker cables end (start) in the wardrobe closet in the hall. Now I'm looking for the best, cheap way to drive them. Functional requirements are: 1. play music via Spotify. 2. play my own music (including some...
  14. V

Replacing a tired Marantz CD6000OSE

Ever thought on buying a second hand cd player? I mean things like a Marantz CD80, Sony CD-P557ES, Philips CD-880, Grundig CD-9009 (my favourite) are not cheap second hand, but might be better than a new player and you'll certainly have something special. Edit: didn't read good enough. The...
  15. V

Audiophonics DA-S250NC and DAW-S250NC : new integrated amps with DAC (streamer) and Ncore !

Would it be possible to build in a, let's say, Odroid C4 into a DA-S250NC and use the IIS connection to the ESS9038Q2M DAC?
  16. V

WiiM Pro Streamer

From Twitter: “WiiM Pro is expected to be available in the Europe in early to mid-January, please be patient.”.
Top Bottom