Search results

1. R

Portable DAC/Amp for Sennheiser 6xx?

Haven't heard that one yet, will check it out. Thanks.
  2. R

Portable DAC/Amp for Sennheiser 6xx?

I'm looking for a device that is both a DAC and an amplifier, and which is also portable. So far I've tried the fiio E10K, which unfortunately doesn't provide enough power to my 6xx, and the fiio A5, which is a great amp but doesn't have an integrated DAC. I've looked up a few options on the...
  3. R

Fiio E10k outperforming DX3 with Sennheiser 6xx. How could it be?

Where do I find the free setup? It only lets me add the full product to the cart... I've tried downloading the plugin installer in the "download" section but that seems to be something different, after installing it I can't find any new software in my Windows nor any new plugins in my MusicBee...
  4. R

Yes I've tried playing with the EQ a little bit, reducing the treble a little and emphasizing the bass. It is definitely better, and the resulting sound is much, much more clear than the E10K. But still, the bass just sounds "empty" to me. And if I emphasize it via the EQ, it sounds odd and...
  5. R

I considered a couple of options this afternoon and I decided I'm going to try the Fiio A5 amplifier + the E10K as a DAC. E10k has 200mw output at 32Ohm, the A5 is at 800. Given that the volume on the E10K is not too low already, the A5 should be enough. Will report here with the result.
  6. R

Well, of course there's a chance that the model is faulty. But it's very strange though, cause I could not really notice any "objective" problems, just me not liking the sound at all. But yeah, it may still be that there's a problem in the device, and that is why I'm not liking the sound. I...
  7. R

"How can you determine what sounds good to you?" Well, by plugging in my headphones and listening to a song lol And this is what I've done so far. I find no purpose in playing with the EQ because I want my amp to sound like I want it to without any customization - if I want to customize, I will...
  8. R

I thought it worked like that as well, and this is why I expected the DX3 Pro to be better than the E10K on every front. But I have tried multiple times, also considering your hypothesis (that maybe I like the E10K because it's at a lower volume, and maybe I don't quite like the 6xx if they're...
  9. R

Yes, I've heard great things about the atom and I am definitely considering the purchase. But I would not be able to return it so I'm very hesitant now, especially given how much the DX3 has disappointed me. Yeah, from my limited experience I can say that something like the E10K is totally...
  10. R

No, the E10K is an amp too. What was asking you was, since you were saying that the DAC should not influence sound so much, what it is then that makes these two devices sound so different to me.
  11. R

If it wasn't the DAC part making the sound so different, what was? The Amp part? It was already like that.
  12. R

In fact I am having second thoughts on buying the 58x as well, since the frequency charts show very similar results. So essentially I'd use the E10k as a Dac only? I was considering that option, or in alternative, a more powerful dac/amp, from Fiio, like the Q1. But so what I'm getting here...
  13. R

The DX3 Pro did sound a tad bit more clear to me, but overall so, so much worse than the E10K. Ideally I want something like the E10K, but with more power (which is the variable that brings more clarity with the DX3, I think): do you have any suggestions on that?
  14. R

Nothing, really. These are the only ones I've used so far. But I will stress this once more again (and I'll remove that stupid word from the title if I manage to, since everyone seems a little too keen on competitive comparisons here): I'm not trying to say that one of these devices is better...
  15. R

I'm just saying that the "outperforming" part is just completely trivial here. I'm not trying to enstablish which amp/dac is "better" and which one is "worse". I'm not saying that "outperforming is meaningless to anyone else", I don't even know what you mean by that. I'm just saying that that's...
  16. R

When I say "outperforming", of course I mean "in my estimation" - what else could I possibly mean? No audio equipment can outperform anything if there are no human ears around to listen to it. So that's a trivial semantic issue in my opinion. By the way, the E10k is not a device that I was...
  17. R

Review and Measurements of Topping DX3Pro DAC and Headphone Amp

My DX3 Pro V1 arrived today, but the results of my tests were extremely puzzling. I've opened a separate thread about it. https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/fiio-e10k-outperforming-dx3-with-sennheiser-6xx-wth.9262/
  18. R

[I am not trying to say here that one of the two devices is "objectively" better than the other one. Please read the entire thread in order to get what I'm trying to say] When I bought my DX3 Pro, I decided to not return my Fiio E10k to amazon immediately, so that I could compare the two...
  19. R

Review and Measurements of Topping DX3Pro DAC and Headphone Amp

But if I read correctly that problem should only be present at very low volumes, right? Well, that wouldn't really be a problem for me since I always listen in mid-high-dangerouslyhigh volumes :) What do you mean by "it's much more powerful under 32ohms"? You mean just at that precise impedance...
Top Bottom