Search results for query: DIY review

1. sweetchaos

Small 2-way speakers with linear on-axis and power response characteristics (Scan Speak and SB Acoustics drivers). H&V off-axis measurements included

Amir’s review is out: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/mechano23-open-source-diy-speaker-review.54066/
  2. L

Mechano23 Open-source DIY Speaker Review

Thanks for the Review! Would love to see more DIY speaker. i bet there are more surprises to be uncovered.
  3. phoenixdogfan

I didn't know Genelec was offering DIYs. As always, great review, Amir, and a great find as well.
  4. amirm

This is a review, listening tests and detailed measurements of the "Mechano23" open-source DIY speaker. A pair was kindly sent to me by the member. You can read more about it here. Baltic birch cabinet seems quite solid and well above what you get commercially. I was surprised to see a...
  5. 3

"Bamboo V2" project. 3E Audio 260-2-29A Stéréo Rev. B (OPA1656) + PFC/LLC PSU. APx555 Measurements )

@daniboun thanks for your great review and share many of your professional diy experience here.
  6. D

Congrats on another successful DIY design reviewed. I bet an MTM would be even better given the distortion profile.
  7. Sokel

Does the DIY vs commercial discussion has a place in a review thread (highly technical and super interesting as it went until then)? Sounds odd and out of place.
  8. D

SOLD Hypex Preamplifier DIY Class D Balanced and Headphone Amp price reduced

FOR SALE Hypex Pre Amplifier DIY ClassD Asking $650 buyer pays shipping, Willing to ship to US, Original Price was $1350 This is fully built Hypex Kit which is working perfectly. It is as good as new. I have had it for 9 months. Graded at 9 because there are two slight 1 inch scratches on the...
  9. D

Most beautiful speakers in the world ?

It´s a DIY design based on the "Duetta Top" bookshelf by Udo Wohlgemuth from Bochum Germany (Sometimes called "the german DIY pope". Really pleasant character and great guy!) The AMT tweeter and honeycomb midwoofer are from Eton Germany Here is a detailed construction report...
  10. Doodski

Pump up the Volume (in various projects)

I don't understand the question. :D
  11. H

Pump up the Volume (in various projects)

I started the conversation in the DIY thread for a reason, which is to eliminate the weakest link (after the room and the speakers). To check if I need to (or can) build a passive preamp. My question is also: If they are not digital or perfect by design, why are the class D kits so popular in...
  12. CleanSound

I will delete, although I believe it's related to it's value.
  13. R

Very nice review of a nice affordable DIY example. To me the ability to choose between all different kinds of drivers (Dome, AMT, Ribbon, compression, waveguide, ...) and cabinet types (sealed, bassrefelx, Transmission Line, TQWT, Horn, ...) is one of the biggest advantages of DIY. Here are some...
  14. XMechanik

A couple of animations for better comparison (and few remarks: link)
  15. Sha1rholder

Seeking Expertise in Interpreting Measurements of an Interesting DIY Gold Diaphragm Planar Magnetic Headphones

Thanks! Yes, the headphone I mentioned is NAN-7. I'll check this thread. It's a DIY headphone like early works of the ZMF before ZMF reached scale. Its sales are significantly lower compared to major brand headphones but has a very good reputation. Therefore, Chinese audiophiles who are its...
  16. JSmith

Fosi Audio V3 Mono Amplifier Review

This really has nothing to do with this review thread... that is a DIY option, this is a built amp. The 2 are not exactly comparable, apples and oranges. JSmith
  17. staticV3

DIY speakers for mixing

@Gregoire90 here are a few good to great DIY designs: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/asr-directiva-open-source-speaker-review.27094/ https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/selah-integrity-diy-speaker-kit-review.15695/...
  18. Sal1950

Hafler DH-220 rebuild

Great, Welcome to Audio Science Review! It's always kool to have a new Floridian here, FL Rules. ;) We've lots of engineers here that may be able to help you with your DIY projects. Wishing you the best. Sal
  19. A

This is a very strange post? Its like if I post in the Ascend review thread- "Or you can save a heap of money money and have the self-fulfillment/joy of DIY with a superb measuring Mechano23"
  20. S

Most beautiful speakers in the world ?

Tons of thanks!!! ;)
Top Bottom