• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Poll & discussion: UFOs / UAPs / Other Intelligent Life in Universe

Do you believe there are alien spacecraft that have visited earth’s atmosphere?

• Yes.

• No, and I don’t believe there is other intelligent life in the Universe.

• No, but I do believe there is other intelligent life in the Universe.

• I think there is too much scientific uncertainly to be confident in any opinion on this.

• I am a space alien.

Results are only viewable after voting.

StevenEleven

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
As you may know the U.S. press is anxiously awaiting the U.S. Government to release a recently assembled report of non-classified information it has on UAPs or UFOs or whatever you want to call them. Navy pilots, former U.S security officials, and former high-ranking politicians and political appointees, as well as some subset of the scientific community, are said to be open-minded on the subject. Early U.S. news reports are that the conclusions of the report include that we cannot prove or rule out that certain unidentified aerial phenomena that have been recorded on video are attributable to life from beyond earth. What say you?

“Intelligent life” in the questions above is defined as that characteristic of Homo Sapiens Sapiens, or greater forms of intelligence.

Here’s a story on some of this from the Washington Post:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2021/06/04/ufo-report-explained-government/

Here’s hoping the discerning readership here can provide engaging insights and humor. :)

Last edited:

tomtoo

Major Contributor
Universe is big and old. So there are a lot of possibilitys that live could evolve some where else. If so, i think its the natural flow that live gets more and more intelligent.
Problem is, with the physics we know at the moment, and how big the universe is, i not see how other beings could visit us. So maybe there is completly different physics, and we just dont see at the moment? Who knows?

Edit says: To make it easy, as long there is no 100% proof, its ruled out for me.

Last edited:

abdo123

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I believe that there is an Artificial super intelligence (a singleton) that is acting as the dominant species of the universe, if it doesn't exist, then Humanity will create it in the next 50 years or so.

MediumRare

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I am fascinated by this, have been since the "hoax" books about figures in the desert, etc. in the 1970s. But the credible reports of multiple moving objects being captured by military radar on a literally daily basis are impossible to ignore. So either there is a major failure of sensing technology or something to this that will be monumental news however it turns out. I feel like we are the villagers tired of the boy who cried wolf - but now he’s telling the truth. Can’t wait to see how this turns out over the next couple years, I’d guess.

blueone

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hmmm... so we have these "UAPs", as the DoD has been calling them, which have been mostly observed via computerized means (though some pilots have reported seeing UAPs unassisted). The reports have all been related to military operations, especially US Navy ships. The UAPs all look different, there's little commonality. Sometimes they're individuals, sometimes in "swarms". They display accelerations and changes in direction that seem to defy our knowledge of physics. There are no discernible exhaust trails or heat trails. All of the encounters appear to be some kind of observation or harassment. There's no communication, engagement, or threatening behavior.

So, what's more likely:

1. Extraterrestrials have a special interest in inept-by-comparison US military ships, planes, and some bases.

2. Some terrestrial country or organization has figured out how to transcend our knowledge of physics and build machines to materialize these advanced technologies, but limit their use to the above-mentioned harassment.

3. Some DoD software systems have been hacked by humans in a way that gives UAPs the apparent capabilities of animations common in video games.

Applying Occam's Razor, I choose option 3. The naked eye reports might be just the human brains playing some tricks with encouragement from computerized displays. And the repeated non-sensical behaviors that are similar remind me of UFO abduction reports, complete with sexual experimentation, which also occurred repeatedly.

I think the most likely explanation is that there's a bunch of hackers laughing their asses off.

Marc v E

Major Contributor
The chance that life exists or existed on another planet is very high.
Reasons for that is the ease with which building blocks for life can be created and the number of planets which can hold life. See astrophysisists Vincent Icke's "Einsteins travel agency" or Neil de Grasse Tyson's youtube channel "Startalk".

The chance that that life evolves into intelligent life that is able to communicate is considerable lower.

On space travel: You only have to look at all the trouble we've gone through to keep being able to send rockets into orbit (let alone the moon or planets inside or own solar system!) to appreciate the chance of life being able to achieve and sustain space travel!

The chance that a planet that holds life keeps it over a period of time like on earth is extremely small. Instability or cataclismic events happen all to often. So, in essence, we've been very lucky! See

Last edited:

abdo123

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
The chance that life exists or existed on another planet is very high.
Reasons for that is they ease with which building blocks for life can be created and the number of planets which can hold life. See astrophysiscists Vincent Icke's "Einsteins travel agency" or Neil de Grasse Tyson's youtube channel "Startalk".

The chance that that life evolves into intelligent life that is able to communicate is considerable lower.

The chance that a planet that holds life keeps it over a period of time like on earth is extremely small. Instability or cataclismic events happen all to often. See

unless these chances are actually zero then there is sentient life somewhere else in the universe. there are 100-400 billion stars in the milky way alone.

MediumRare

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hmmm... so we have these "UAPs", as the DoD has been calling them, which have been mostly observed via computerized means (though some pilots have reported seeing UAPs unassisted). The reports have all been related to military operations, especially US Navy ships. The UAPs all look different, there's little commonality. Sometimes they're individuals, sometimes in "swarms". They display accelerations and changes in direction that seem to defy our knowledge of physics. There are no discernible exhaust trails or heat trails. All of the encounters appear to be some kind of observation or harassment. There's no communication, engagement, or threatening behavior.

So, what's more likely:

1. Extraterrestrials have a special interest in inept-by-comparison US military ships, planes, and some bases.

2. Some terrestrial country or organization has figured out how to transcend our knowledge of physics and build machines to materialize these advanced technologies, but limit their use to the above-mentioned harassment.

3. Some DoD software systems have been hacked by humans in a way that gives UAPs the apparent capabilities of animations common in video games.

Applying Occam's Razor, I choose option 3. The naked eye reports might be just the human brains playing some tricks with encouragement from computerized displays. And the repeated non-sensical behaviors that are similar remind me of UFO abduction reports, complete with sexual experimentation, which also occurred repeatedly.

I think the most likely explanation is that there's a bunch of hackers laughing their asses off.
I believe you have stated some factual inaccuracies. My understanding is we have exchanged extensive data with the post-Soviet Russia and there have been de facto interactions between our aircraft and UAPs. One report was a USN pilot "accompanied " by a UAP within 50 meters for multiple minutes.

abdo123

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Tl;DR there are around 100-400 billion stars in the milky-way alone and there are around two trillion galaxies in the observable universe.

it's very unlikely that we're alone.

blueone

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I believe you have stated some factual inaccuracies. My understanding is we have exchanged extensive data with the post-Soviet Russia and there have been de facto interactions between our aircraft and UAPs. One report was a USN pilot "accompanied " by a UAP within 50 meters for multiple minutes.

Some reports are quite long ago. Here's a paper on EM effects from UAPs:

https://static1.squarespace.com/sta...00010bd9de/1560472330113/narcap_TR-3_2001.pdf

NARCAP, if you don't know, is the National Aviation Reporting Center:

https://www.narcap.org

JSmith

Master Contributor
What say you?

… but nah it's not aliens, it's us, either now or from another time. We're not privy to the tech... it's classified. ;)

Don't forget our timescale and the existence of humans is a tiny blip on the larger timescale of the universe itself... there's plenty of life out there though and it's entirely possible there is, has been, or will be other intelligent life elsewhere, but not likely to ever be in contact with us or us with them. It would be cool though. :)

We don't even know if what we perceive is the only aspect/dimension to reality... or maybe some do.

JSmith

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor

Music1969

Major Contributor
Most fascinating account I've seen is 4 US fighter pilots that saw a UFO with their own eyes, at the same time it showed up on their aircraft carrier's radar.

Unfortunately it's still eye witness account and really grainy video evidence, which means there's too much doubt but these are the most credible witnesses I've seen so far.

Second video below is his much more detailed account.

Last edited:
Top Bottom