• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Compact speaker for ~100 €

Anto102

Hi! I'm looking for a compact speaker for ~100 €, we would be better if it have bluetooth (i don't need integrated battery), but if it doesn't i can use my Qudelix 5k with it.

I'll use it in my home gym, about 8 square meters. I'm currently using a Soundcore Motion 300 (20W), but it is starting to perform poorly

staticV3

Master Contributor
How compact? About as compact as the Motion 300? Smaller than that? Or larger? If so, how much larger?

Where will the speaker be placed? What's the listening distance?

ZööZ

Addicted to Fun and Learning

there are variants of these available with bluetooth and/or subout for about the same price also

OP
A

Anto102

The soundcore is currently placed on a 24cm wide shelf, 1.5m from the floor. So I need some a little compact.

The listening distance can vary from 1.5 to 2.5m

Last edited:

Vict0r

I am using the Soundcore Motion+ for similar applications. I wasn't expecting much when I ordered it, but it honestly surprised me for what it is. I know a portable bluetooth speaker was always going to be a massive compromise, and the other sub-$100 bluetooth speakers I heard (JBL, Ikea, Marley) were pretty awful. The thing that sets the Motion+ apart is that the (optional) app lets you EQ the output, and those post-EQ results are so much more pleasing than the stock sound. Build quality is great too and it's quite chunky and heavy. I think I paid around $60 for mine through Amazon during a sale. Sounds silly, since it's definitely not a hi-fi product, but it's one of the more surprising and useful audio gadgets I bought in a while.

190527_204248_soundcore-motion-plus-05.jpg

Last edited:
OP
A

Anto102

I am using the Soundcore Motion+ for similar applications. I wasn't expecting much when I ordered it, but it honestly surprised me for what it is. I know a portable bluetooth speaker was always going to be a massive compromise, and the other sub-$100 bluetooth speakers I heard (JBL, Ikea, Marley) were pretty awful. The thing that sets the Motion+ apart is that the (optional) app lets you EQ the output, and those post-EQ results are so much more pleasing than the stock sound. Build quality is great too and it's quite chunky and heavy. I think I paid around $60 for mine through Amazon during a sale. Sounds silly, since it's definitely not a hi-fi product, but it's one of the more surprising and useful audio gadgets I bought in a while.

190527_204248_soundcore-motion-plus-05.jpg
I already had this model, but before buying again another soundcore I wanted to know if there's something better in this price range

Vict0r

Oh, I thought you wrote that you have the Motion 300, which is a different and much smaller model according to the Soundcore website.

Attachments

• 1713436206963.png
    1713436206963.png
    336.7 KB · Views: 9
Top Bottom