• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

GLM update imminent?

RobL

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Just noticed this event notification. In it they state:
Come and join us as we unveil a major new development in our line of Smart Active Monitoring technology at this year’s IBC, one of the world’s most vibrant and comprehensive content and technology events – which is to be held from Friday the 15th to Monday the 18th of September at Amsterdam’s RAI.
Since 2006, Genelec Smart Active (SAM) Monitors and Subwoofers have worked in conjunction with our GLM calibration software to adapt to the acoustics of your room, providing highly optimised performance - even in challenging spaces.
Now, we’re about to elevate the SAM monitoring experience to a whole new level, and we’d be delighted to see you at IBC so you can be among the first to get hands-on with our new technology.

Sounds like GLM is getting some new tech maybe?

Tisca

Is it new hardware or only software? Wouldn't want to be purchasing just before they come with new hw.

OP
RobL

RobL

I’m guess new software capability…an email I got from Genelec earlier this year that stated:

The good news is that we’ll continue to make GRADE freely available until this September. At that point, there’ll be an exciting new software update, and any user of Smart Active Monitoring (SAM) models with GLM will then be able to access a total of 12 further GRADE reports free of charge for their monitoring system. However, beyond these 12 free reports, a charge will be incurred for users requiring additional reports – via various pricing and access options for individual, educational and business users.”

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
"The 8381A powers a lifetime of creativity, so it comes included with access to our unique Genelec SonicAdvisor™ services. So, if you require any support on your monitoring journey with the 8381A – from initial configuration to on-site consultation – we're ready to help."
Does anyone know what Genelec SonicAdvisor is?

holdingpants01

Forum Donor
"The 8381A powers a lifetime of creativity, so it comes included with access to our unique Genelec SonicAdvisor™ services. So, if you require any support on your monitoring journey with the 8381A – from initial configuration to on-site consultation – we're ready to help."
Does anyone know what Genelec SonicAdvisor is?
Seems like it's only-Finland based personal help with setup, but given the price of 8381 I wouldn't be surprised if they would've send someone for setup anywhere in the world, translated from Finnish

Zrzut ekranu 2023-09-3 o 17.41.08.png

Zrzut ekranu 2023-09-3 o 17.40.57.png

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
Seems like it's only-Finland based personal help with setup, but given the price of 8381 I wouldn't be surprised if they would've send someone for setup anywhere in the world, translated from Finnish

View attachment 309574

View attachment 309575
I can't afford them , but it sounds amazing anyways
I know Wilson Ausio also does that(not sure about worldwide but in the USA)

KaterUnser

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
They just announced the new 9320a reference monitor controller. Not that many details were provided, but it seems to be out soon.

There are good details there:
UNIO combines all the benefits of Genelec Smart Active Monitors (SAM), GLM 5.0 calibration software and Aural ID 2.0 technology to create a seamless integration between professional in-room speaker setups and headphone monitoring. With flexible connectivity options, a reference quality headphone output and tactile hardware control of Smart Active Monitors, GLM and Aural ID, the 9320A becomes a compact center for stationary and mobile professional listening applications.

As a bridge to UNIO, the 9320A offers management of multiple Smart Active Monitoring systems from stereo to immersive audio and beyond. It comes with a factory-calibrated reference microphone, enabling automatic system calibration and control of key GLM software functions .

KaterUnser

UNIO combines all the benefits of Genelec Smart Active Monitors (SAM), GLM 5.0 calibration software and Aural ID 2.0 technology to create a seamless integration between professional in-room speaker setups and headphone monitoring. With flexible connectivity options, a reference quality headphone output and tactile hardware control of Smart Active Monitors, GLM and Aural ID, the 9320A becomes a compact center for stationary and mobile professional listening applications.

As a bridge to UNIO, the 9320A offers management of multiple Smart Active Monitoring systems from stereo to immersive audio and beyond. It comes with a factory-calibrated reference microphone, enabling automatic system calibration and control of key GLM software functions .
I was referring to the release date and price. It’s a very interesting upgrade to their GLM kit! Depending on the price, I’ll update my system.

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor

I was referring to the release date and price. It’s a very interesting upgrade to their GLM kit! Depending on the price, I’ll update my system.
I'm scared to know the price lol

MrSoul4470

Any news about GLM 5.0? Can't find anything.

onion

Looks like no multi-sub bass management similar to DLBC/ Trinnov/ miniDSP + REW

holdingpants01

Forum Donor
In my case the GLM 5.x didn't add EQ points but made the 4 available notches capable of doing positive gain. So in the case of W371A + 8351B I had 4 bells (and 4 shelves) available after the calibration and still have, but all of them are also positive now up to 6dB

srrxr71

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
You’d think one time you could be first to announce something. Pearljam already was there. Haha.

srrxr71

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
In my case the GLM 5.x didn't add EQ points but made the 4 available notches capable of doing positive gain. So in the case of W371A + 8351B I had 4 bells (and 4 shelves) available after the calibration and still have, but all of them are also positive now up to 6dB
Oh that’s nice.

Top Bottom