• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Whats up with this?…..perfect dac sounds inferior allthough math says otherwise..

kemmler3D

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
At best we're listening to a (bad!) recording of in-room speaker output with no clear info on controls used between runs. At worst we're seeing actual fraud in action. This video is worse than useless, just like every other "I recorded a video of my speakers playing music" video.

Unless you've EQ'd your headphones flat and they did a really good binaural recording with proper controls, I really struggle to understand what real difference you could possibly hear in a format like this. The distortion of your headphones plus their speakers, plus whatever trash-tier mic they used will overwhelm any differences in DACs thousands of times over. It's like trying to watch TV in someone else's house through a TikTok video... and then try to tell yourself you can see the pixelation in their TV that way. Just ... why??

fieldcar

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I know this dumpster fire doesn't deserve much more time and effort, but this is another interesting way to illustrate that more than just little FR and loudness changes are occurring.

spectrogram.gif.gif

kemmler3D

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I know this dumpster fire doesn't deserve much more time and effort, but this is another interesting way to illustrate that more than just little FR and loudness changes are occurring.

View attachment 248440
That looks like a completely different mix/master of the same song. Look at what's going on in the top octave... Not to mention there looks like some dynamic compression on the whole spectrum. VERY fishy.

Top Bottom