Recent content by TomP

1. T

ADI-2 Dac FS static when using unbalanced outputs

I have a ADI-2 Dac FS attached to an Intel NUC by USB cable and am running roon core on the NUC. Sounds fantastic using the balanced outputs but I have a lot of static and an intermittent electronic noise about every 2 seconds when using the unbalanced outputs. As soon as I remove the USB cable...
  2. T

Speaker for large room

All sounds good but I already have the Nord NC500 and the ADI. Hate to go down the slippery slope of replacing everything
  3. T

Speaker for large room

any suggestions on subs that would work. Seeing there are a lot of sizes etc. A bit out of my knowledge base.
  4. T

Speaker for large room

If im looking at filling the room with sound would you say the the F208 with subs would be a good way to go? You can find pretty good deals on the F208's which leaves money for the subs. Any suggestion on good subs?
  5. T

Speaker for large room

I think filling the room is probably more important. There will be times I would like to listen in one position but I think filling the room will be needed much more often.
  6. T

Why do people like/use Roon?

I have an internal Hardrive in my nuc, so it just sits nest to my RME
  7. T

RME does not need to be roon enabled. You just download the roon ap onto your phone, laptop, ipad. Works with all. Nuc into Rme, Rme into amp, amp into speakers. controlled by phone, laptop or pc. I thought i needed more hardware since rme is not roon ready. Not the case.
  8. T

Agree with Duxservit. I have mine running on a intel nuc with Rock (I am in no way tech savy). Was very easy to put together. Have that attached to RME ADI-2 and that goes into my amp. I can control it with my macbook, pc or phone. Very simple and sounds great.
  9. T

Speaker for large room

Will see if anyone has focals to audition where I live.
  10. T

Speaker for large room

I would probably lean towards simplicity. I have a system for vinyl that I am very happy with for serious listening. For the one I am setting up I want good sound but it will probably be used more for a more relaxed setting, not serious listening. Though I do want good sound
  11. T

Speaker for large room

Are they similar to the JOLIDA Black Ice by Jolida - Foz SS-X Sound Stage Expander Someone had told about it.
  12. T

Speaker for large room

What exactly do the Dirac, MiniDSP software/processors do? Not familiar with those either.
  13. T

Speaker for large room

So what do you look for in speakers if using a sub? I have no experience with subs. Will my Nord NC500 drive both sub and speakers?
  14. T

My bottom line with Roon is after using it for a couple of years it always works, never drops and easy to use. That is not been my experience with other systems such as Bluesound
  15. T

Speaker for large room

The ones I have heard have been too boomy. Maybe I have never heard a good set up with subs
Top Bottom