Recent content by SplitTime

1. SplitTime

TempoTec Sonata BHD Pro Portable DAC & Amp Review

Initially I could not get the device to work with iPhone 14 + ONKYO HF_Player App and a standard Lightning <—> USB-C cable (I tried several). However, if I use a Lightning <—> USB-A + Lightning (camera) adapter and then used the supplied USB-A to USB-C adapters it works perfectly and the color...
  2. SplitTime

Audiopraise VanityPro Review (HDMI Audio Extractor)

If I'm understanding this correctly... we could use this VanityPro to strip off up to 7.1 channels of audio (in high quality) from any HDMI source: movies, music, ... Then use the 4 x 2ch AES outputs to feed into the 4 x 2ch AES inputs of a DAC8 Pro. If my understanding of the DAC8 Pro is...
  3. SplitTime

Emotiva XMC-2 Review (AV Processor)

Imagine if Denon were to take one of their units that measures decent (when the amplifiers are off) and (1) remove the amplifiers, (2) reduce the cost of the unit by the savings in the amplifiers. Wait, why sell a cheaper unit when people are presently forced to upgrade to the expensive units...
  4. SplitTime

Newbie question: My room BOOMS at 146Hz. I started noticing it today and it's now ruined listening.

@robo I've been trying to learn how to do measurements and make corrections as well. I recently posted some measurements and what I was able to do with filters playing through JRiver here: Revel Salon2, B&W 802 D3, or similarly priced speakers + Benchmark chain? The corrections did make a...
  5. SplitTime

Revel Salon2, B&W 802 D3, or similarly priced speakers + Benchmark chain?

Thought I'd post and update - although I'm not sure this is really the right place to do it. (Kal, I'm anxiously awaiting your write up on DiracLive3 and your new subs.) But, here goes... From the earlier posts in this thread I upgraded speakers last year. I've never heard speakers sound so...
  6. SplitTime

Room EQ Wizard Import Sweep

If there is a method to redirect REW’s output from default (HDMI or USB) to JRiver‘s input (presumably as some sort of streaming input connection) which can then be processed by JRiver filters before proceeding to the (HDMI or USB) output, I don’t know what the mechanisms are to do it. I’m open...
  7. SplitTime

Room EQ Wizard Import Sweep

I know this is an old post - but I was poking around as I was trying to figure out how to do something perhaps similar. I can easily make direct measurements with REW driving the source and the mic. But I am exploring the use of digital filters in JRiver - and I'd like to confirm the...
  8. SplitTime

Hi Kal, Would you comment on your method of digital crossover/EQ that you’re using with the Studio2s + AHB2s? Seems like I saw you’d posted somewhere else you do this for a multi-channel set up also? I’m finally getting around to running REW and trying to learn/improve things; guidance is much...
  9. SplitTime

Gustard X16 Balanced MQA DAC Review

Gear Acquisition Syndrome (or GAS for short) is often a debilitating condition ... especially after the spouse finds out. ;) That's not a "wink" it is more of a "I can't see out of that eye anymore for a few days" emoji.
  10. SplitTime

The dealer I bought my Studio2s & Voice2 from indicated to me that they were discontinued. I believe Kal and others have confirmed this to be true from others sources. The prices you're quoting are significantly lower than anything I'd seen for new Revel speakers from this series. If you can...
  11. SplitTime

PS Audio M700 Monoblock Amplifier Review

@GaryMnz If you want to have a positive influence on people here - and actually contribute to people learning a few things - I think it would help if you adjusted your tone (pun intended) to be more collaborative and less confrontational. It seems a reasonable request that you post your data...
  12. SplitTime

Hi Sal, really appreciated your comments along the way here too. Thank you! Did you post your JBL details in another thread here somewhere? I’m not even going to demo Atmos just so I’m not tempted to fall down that hole. Even though my wife would argue I have no restraint - I’m going to...
  13. SplitTime

Don's New Revels in House: Salon2, Voice2, F206

I bet it does sound fantastic. So much fun too. Thanks for sharing the pictures as well - great stuff. Enjoy!!!
  14. SplitTime

This + Oppo’s demise + ... + the lack of an AVR capable of preserving SACD 5.1 fidelity (at any price) seems to suggest (and I’m no audio industry expert) that people can’t make (enough?) money at it. Perhaps they “could” run in the black but there are other high ROI opportunities - so it’s not...
  15. SplitTime

My wife noted that the TV looks a little small now... ;) Of course she was just doing it to be a tease. I got so lucky to marry her before she knew how expensive I was going to be.
Top Bottom