Recent content by SoaDMTGguy

1. S

Scarlett Solo loopback frequency response

I have a first-get, I think. I do not have the "AIR" feature. I ran it with gain set to minimum, and monitor set high enough to get a good signal level. Direct Monitor was set to Off.
  2. S

I used Room EQ Wizard. The loopback test was conducted by running a line from the right-channel RCA output jack into the front-panel TS input set to "Line".
  3. S

I was doing some line level measurements yesterday, and noticed the loopback response of my Scarlett Solo has a bit of a dip around 6-7k (see attachment). I was wondering if this was typical of interfaces in this price class? I need to buy a new interface anyway, and was wondering if I should...
  4. S

Rega integrated amplifiers - good?

If this was all as simple as getting something that is technically competent we wouldn’t need forums about it.
  5. S

I found it boring, but not other similarly good amplifiers I've owned.
  6. S

Ahh yes, I've had one of their turntables, I liked it. Nice no-BS design. Good to hear their bigger amps are ok. I've had the Vidar. It's fine, but I found it boring, so I sold it. I really wish they would make the Aegir actually produce useful amounts of power. If it would actually produce 80W...
  7. S

When were their theoretical "glory days"?
  8. S

I've been happy with their DAC and Phono compared to the (albeit cheaper) Schiit gear I was using before. But I've never used one of their amps, except perhaps years ago at a store auditioning speakers.
  9. S

Hmm. That’s disappointing. Wish there were some measurements of their wide-body stuff. Still…
  10. S

Quite contradictory to my last thread, I have also been looking at some compact A/B integrated amps. I am considering thr Rega Elex or Elicit. I have their DAC-R and their Aria MM/MC phono, and am quite happy with both. I read Amir’s review of the IO, which he tore to pieces. I’m hoping this is...
  11. S

I seek a Class A amp or amps capable of >=75 WPC, can this community recommend something?

What era would that be? I'm a newbie newb who does't know such things XD I can't really go over $2,000, which is why I'm looking at used. I know there are many exotic Class A implementations that cost more than my car, but if that's all there is, I'll have to find another way.
  12. S

I seek a Class A amp or amps capable of >=75 WPC, can this community recommend something?

I once had an ARC amp with a pair of fans, which worried me, but they were silent in operation. So, I'm less opposed to active cooling than I once was. Maybe could de-volt it slightly if it's a problem?
  13. S

How does Class D achieve that when A/B can't? Unless I'm misunderstanding what you're saying.
  14. S

Jesus, and that's stereo, too? Those are some *serious* power figures!
  15. S

I understand that I am making this more complicated than I need to by asking for Class A. My reasons are my own, and you may call me a fool if you want. if I wanted A/B or D, I would be spoiled for choice, and wouldn’t need to make this post. I’m happy to go for a pair of mono or bridged amps...
Top Bottom