Recent content by snowsurfer

1. snowsurfer

SMSL SU-8 Version 2 Balanced DAC

First of all, an exaggeration on a subject one is passionate about is not assuming negative intent - it is just natural. Also, it was a rhetorical question, there is no need to fixate on that, I was wondering to myself since I am super sensitive to extraneous sounds and I've been using this DAC...
  2. snowsurfer

Yes, all of my files are FLAC, a huge amount of them is 16/44 and there are some HD tracks and very few DSD. I mostly listen to music with my whole collection on radom. Never heard a single thing when switching tracks. I tested for a while last night and nothing. Didn't try with DSD, but I...
  3. snowsurfer

Is this a Qobuz thing? Cause I use mine with Tidal, Spotify and my own collection via Foobar and I get no clicks or buzzes whatsoever? Huh...
  4. snowsurfer

Review and Measurements of E1DA 9038S BAL Portable DAC & Amp

@IVX Great work with this item, I really think you're doing an excellent job. And now, to hijack the thread, when can we expect HiFiTOY? I know lots of us are really looking forward to it! Thanks!
  5. snowsurfer

Review and Measurements of SMSL SP200 THX HP Amp

But I didn't get any hiss on either headphone....
  6. snowsurfer

So, after going through the same songs on my Moondrop Kanas Pro IEMs no hiss at all at low and high gain, and, with the DAC on max volume, and the amp on low gain, I can go to about 40% volume for sustained use, 50% is bordering on pain. Yes I can notice channel imbalance at very low volumes but...
  7. snowsurfer

I'll take your word for it, I am no expert. I'm just a guy that likes music. That's what I read in a lengthy article by NwAvGuy, whom I took as somewhat of a respected persona in this field. I am probably mistaken then.
  8. snowsurfer

Finally received mine! After going through customs hell and splashing an extra 84€ on top of the 239€ I paid on 11/11. So, just a quick comment after an hour of listening or so. My system: Source: PC - FLACs and Tidal Hi-Fi DAC: SMSL SU8 v2 Main headphones: HD660s with original single ended...
  9. snowsurfer

What do you mean "there you go"? 1.3Ohms x 8 = 10.24Ohms, so there is a huge margin without damping to your 32Ohm IEMs?
  10. snowsurfer

I'd add no external power brick as a big plus (for me)! :) But yeah, XLR input is probably one of the main reasons for me, I want everything connected with XLR due to my system's tendency towards ground loops with other connections...
  11. snowsurfer

I just want to pop in here to say that mine has been stuck in customs in Spain from Nov 28th and still not moving. I am now wondering whether all the origin documents are OK, but at the post office they had no further info. It seems that Shenzhen Audio (via Ali) may have messed this up. To throw...
  12. snowsurfer

ZMF AUTEUR - Should I Bite? Update: I chomped!

This is up to you, but you should know that all colours are cool, as long as they're black! ;) So black. :D
  13. snowsurfer

Poll: Where are you guys from?

My origins are from several ex-Yugoslavian countries but I grew up in Spain (since 86) and I live in Madrid.
  14. snowsurfer

Review and Measurements of Topping MX3 DAC & Amp

I'm starting to veer towards an Ifi ZEN Blue + second hand power amp instead of the MX3, but of course only the ZEN Blue already is 50% more expensive than the MX3, so...yeah....
Top Bottom