• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

The ASR Cryptocurrency thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elkios

My older brother and many of his friends were into altcoins back in 2017. Once bitcoin went down like 80% from 2017's high and stayed there for a while, my older brother never talked about altcoin since then.

I really hope 2017 to 2018 drop would not happen again. Good luck.
Cheer's . If you look at altcoins from even July you could have 10x and taken out your initial investment . What ever happens after that is a bonus. Play it smart . I have been burnt on a few but don't care that is because I FOMO in . But I learnt .

_thelaughingman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Bet strong on Solana and you'll win.

Pdxwayne

Major Contributor
Cheer's . If you look at altcoins from even July you could have 10x and taken out your initial investment . What ever happens after that is a bonus. Play it smart . I have been burnt on a few but don't care that is because I FOMO in . But I learnt .
From July 2021?

At least for bitcoin, only about 60% up. Still nice....

20211210_145853.jpg

Pdxwayne

Major Contributor
Have a look at Alex Becker on YouTube.
Thanks for sharing. I listened to this video from 4 months ago while walking my dog.

*He sold bitcoin too early, right near the low, and missed 100% additional gains.

*There are simply too many options out there. Too exhausting simply to keep up.

*I no longer have the interest chasing quick gains.

So, no interest yet to further check out his other videos. Good luck.

Elkios

Thanks for sharing. I listened to this video from 4 months ago while walking my dog.

*He sold bitcoin too early, right near the low, and missed 100% additional gains.

*There are simply too many options out there. Too exhausting simply to keep up.

*I no longer have the interest chasing quick gains.

So, no interest yet to further check out his other videos. Good luck.
If you watched a few of his video's you would actually see how accurate his alt coin prediction's were over last 5 month's.Add them up and it is obvious he is probably 20x if not more up . Sorry to hear you don't have the time you must work a lot more than a 38 hour week . Good luck with your investment's .Any gain is better than it sitting in a bank account as they pay next to nothing in Australia.

Pdxwayne

Major Contributor
If you watched a few of his video's you would actually see how accurate his alt coin prediction's were over last 5 month's.Add them up and it is obvious he is probably 20x if not more up . Sorry to hear you don't have the time you must work a lot more than a 38 hour week . Good luck with your investment's .Any gain is better than it sitting in a bank account as they pay next to nothing in Australia.
Interesting, so 38 hours is a typical work week for Australia?

Yeah, I work more than 40 hours a week.

Maybe when I retire I will play a little.

Elkios

Interesting, so 38 hours is a typical work week for Australia?

Yeah, I work more than 40 hours a week.

Maybe when I retire I will play a little.
Yes . It sure is. Would be better if we shifted to a 4 day week on same hour's. A few businesses have already experimented .Life would be better for most I would assume. More play

_thelaughingman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Started buying back in July. This is the one that I hope helps me shave a lot of years off my retirement date.
Solana currently has the solid stable ecosystem and it'll take off as more exposure and implementation it gets.

OP
Pearljam5000

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
How do I discover coins before they explode? I mean how do i catch Solana for example when it's @$3 and not $200?

Chromatischism

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
How do I discover coins before they explode? I mean how do i catch Solana for example when it's @$3 and not $200?
I was in in the 30's and wish I had found it sooner.

Part of what makes it hard to find early is often the project hasn't proven itself yet. Solana had way more development than you'd expect for a low-priced project which is why once people found out about it, it took off and never looked back. It's currently taking a break (most of the market is) and is oversold in the 160's. In the not too distant future people will look back and wish they bought it at 160...

_thelaughingman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I was in in the 30's and wish I had found it sooner.

Part of what makes it hard to find early is often the project hasn't proven itself yet. Solana had way more development than you'd expect for a low-priced project which is why once people found out about it, it took off and never looked back. It's currently taking a break (most of the market is) and is oversold in the 160's. In the not too distant future people will look back and wish they bought it at 160...
I just bought more due to the dip because it’ll soar with wider implementation next few years.

_thelaughingman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Look at Algorand Or Storj which are both good blockchains and are gaining good traction.

eddantes

Addicted to Fun and Learning

Is this the reason for the hype and the hypebeasts around crypto? It's an old article, but you know ... Shills be shilling

snowsurfer

Bitcoin is down ~27% exactly a month from the start of this thread.

What is your take now? Let's assume your friends and family members listened to you November 10th and bought some bitcoin. What do you tell them now?

Sell and buy later?
Double down?
Hold?
Zoom out on the monthly to understand the bigger picture over the years and just buy more. If you can't take it sell all crypto and invest with your bank for a return lower than current inflation. Enjoy.

Pdxwayne

Major Contributor
Zoom out on the monthly to understand the bigger picture over the years and just buy more. If you can't take it sell all crypto and invest with your bank for a return lower than current inflation. Enjoy.
I am not interested in high risk/high rewards type of speculations that requires lots of time to track.

I hope you can learn from history a little further back. Look at all those years of up trends before 2000 tech burst and 2008 housing burst.

I know of one coworker who told me he lost all his money during tech burst and he couldn't recover more than 10 years later.

I have a neighbor who got into flipping houses near the 2008 burst and tie up his family member"s money for a long time. His family member ended up had to borrow money to support day to day living for many months.

Even for bitcoin, just look at 2017 to 2019.

So yeah, indeed, look at history and learn from it.

Chester

I am not interested in high risk/high rewards type of speculations that requires lots of time to track.

I hope you can learn from history a little further back. Look at all those years of up trends before 2000 tech burst and 2008 housing burst.

I know of one coworker who told me he lost all his money during tech burst and he couldn't recover more than 10 years later.

I have a neighbor who got into flipping houses near the 2008 burst and tie up his family member"s money for a long time. His family member ended up had to borrow money to support day to day living for many months.

Even for bitcoin, just look at 2017 to 2019.

So yeah, indeed, look at history and learn from it.

What you are describing is getting in over your head, and that will always lead to issues, regardless of the investment type.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom