Recent content by Schönramer

1. S

Dutch & Dutch 8c Review

Wagner: Die Wallküre, WWV 86B live. Symphonieorchester des Bayerischen Rundfunks. Conductor: Sir Simon Rattle. Track: Act 1 - Vorspiel but we listened to more than this track. What I mean with the "dynamic range" is not that it might was maybe louder in the digitally session. At the very...
  2. S

Dutch & Dutch 8c Review

that's an interesting point but I would assume that according to your explanation ("ridiculously expensive electronics were coloring the sound") it should make me feel that setting 1 must be best because: 24 bit / 48 kHz AND the ridiculously expensive electronics behind. BUT the setting 3 which...
  3. S

Dutch & Dutch 8c Review

Last weekend I had the chance to listen to the Dutch & Dutch 8c at a local dealer (I am thinking about selling all my loudspeaker, amplifier, cables, SACD player and other stuff to buy the 8c because of the interesting package, DSP and the positive reviews). We listened to the loudspeaker in...
  4. S

Server / streaming bridge for Gustard X16 (Qobuz) wanted

Hi! Thanks for your reply! I will definitely take a look and still think that a streaming bridge makes sense.
  5. S

Server / streaming bridge for Gustard X16 (Qobuz) wanted

Hi! I am a big fan of this community and currently I am searching for a streamer (with optional cd-ripper) for my DAC. Before I start I to tell you my background. I like to listen to music in high quality and enjoy good recordings (staging, transparency, sound colors,…) very much. Therefore I...
  6. S

Gustard X16 Balanced MQA DAC Review

My lightning to usb 3 adapter arrived yesterday and I did a first listening session in the evening. My focus was to test the Bitrate that is going through and the subjective sound quality. Before I start one comment regarding another try: One day before I tested a few songs using the coax...
  7. S

@Laserjock and @curiouspeter : I ordered that one and will give a feedback on how it works here after some trials!
  8. S

Thanks for the information @Laserjock ! I read that the lightning to USB3 adapter allows a 24bit depth via the iOS Tidal App. I saw that there is the one version that needs power to get more features. Are you using the standard 5W or a higher version for the power supply? In general I think this...
  9. S

Thanks for the useful overview! Regarding MQA is more or less a nice to have because I first decided for TIDAL and then recognized that they provide MQA. So I want to try it out and am interested in the format.
  10. S

thanks for the hint! Is this also working for apple iphone and USB connection?
  11. S

thanks for the detailed explanation! The pi4 seems to be a really good option! I will further inform about it!
  12. S

Hello, after reading through half of this thread I bought a Gustard X16 and it will arrive today. No I am through the whole thread and gained quite some knowledge. For my planned setup it would be very helpfull to get some advice regarding a good streaming bridge. I want to set the Gustard up...
  13. S

Topping D90 Balanced USB DAC Review

Thanks for the fast response! I will closely read through this thread! Do you have a recommendation besides Bluesound?
  14. S

Topping D90 Balanced USB DAC Review

Hello, I am new here and like to get some advice. Currently I have an Audionet SAM G2 amplifier connected via XLR on a Pioneer BDP-LX88. I mostly hear SACD on Dynaudio Special 40 speakers. My listening room is small but has some acoustic diffusers and absorbers to optimize the sound. Now I want...
Top Bottom