Recent content by rebbiputzmaker

1. rebbiputzmaker

Cord-cutting/streaming TV apps, 1Q 2020 edition

No love for Lawrence O'donnell and the last word? MSNBC live stream? https://www.msnbc.com/live
  2. rebbiputzmaker

Elac Debut Reference DBR-62 Speaker Review

Nothing you’re saying is incorrect my point was that they are for the most part good sounding upper entry level speakers. I’m not comparing them with other high-priced items, cable amplifiers etc. not really pertinent. There are many other speakers that also fit this criteria And would also make...
  3. rebbiputzmaker

Depends on what world one lives in. People may be getting a bit carried away with these speakers.
  4. rebbiputzmaker

Are "audio grade electrolytic capacitors" snake oil?

Yes of course commercial considerations are always often about the money. But look what happened to Samsung because they wanted to save a few cents. I will still never purchase a Samsung TV and I know many people that would not either.
  5. rebbiputzmaker

Are "audio grade electrolytic capacitors" snake oil?

Yes that is really stupid to put that BS on cap spec sheets. On the other hand people should not be foolish enough to think all caps are the same. The use of proper quality and speced caps is important. Look at Samsung TVs power supplies. There even was a class action a number of years ago...
  6. rebbiputzmaker

Topping D90 Balanced USB DAC Review

What you say makes a great deal of sense, I agree with your thought process and how you go about listening. I try similar usually with music I am familiar with. Certain recordings, microphones used etc. have sonic attributes with can be noticed during critical listening. An instrument I also...
  7. rebbiputzmaker

Absolutely, why in the would we want to have reasonable intelligent discussion...
  8. rebbiputzmaker

Should be pretty similar to to the Revels.
  9. rebbiputzmaker

Topping E30 DAC Review

The listing does answer my question thanks. There is a volume control, 0- 99db. Pretty cool for the price.
  10. rebbiputzmaker

Topping E30 DAC Review

You mentioned the remote control but just to clarify, is there remote volume control? If so how many steps? TIA
  11. rebbiputzmaker

If you’re running Oreo on an android phone, tablet etc, you can use LDAC which is 96khz. Decent sounding for Bluetooth.
  12. rebbiputzmaker

KEF Q100 Speaker Review

Or what audio rags you read. As a teen I religiously traveled to Hotalings in Manhattan to purchase all the British hifi publications and Wireless World. Were the speakers From Falcon or Wimslow Audio? :)...
  13. rebbiputzmaker

Revel M16 Speaker Review

Cool you picked up a pair of 253’s. I didn’t notice they were on sale today I would’ve mentioned it. I picked up a pair last year when they were marked down. I can’t talk measurements. But IMO you will be very pleasantly surprised listening to them. They are steal at the price. Looking...
  14. rebbiputzmaker

Revel M16 Speaker Review

Thank you for the review. They are nice speakers. If anyone is interested in trying pretty much the same speakers for $160 for the pair go to https://www.harmanaudio.com the infinity R162s are on sale for $160 for the pair. This would be a great way to compare the trickle down engineering from...
  15. rebbiputzmaker

You make valid points. What is the system you usually listen with?
Top Bottom