Recent content by radiogram

1. radiogram

This is 2022: Why still obsession with USB interface?

I realize my premise of obsession is wrong and stand corrected. My apologies to those who were offended by the premise.
  2. radiogram

Valid point to justify relevance of USB. I just saw that Bluesound and Denon streamers support AmazonHD. But for Apple HiRes yes USB appears to be the only option.
  3. radiogram

Agreed. But many commercial streamers that do DLNA also support Spotify, Tidal and Qobuz. You can check out for example Blusesound node. As far as Apple Music and Amazon you would use Airplay which again most streamers support.
  4. radiogram

@Fazeshift - I apologize for my hasty crass reply. But I was thinking about the LAN settings as the use case in context here is UPNP streaming within your Private home LAN. In that context there is no UPNP to enable/disable on the router's LAN settings for this use case. So I checked my router...
  5. radiogram

There is so such thing as enabling UPNP in router. This is garbage
  6. radiogram

I am using a Private Lan in my Home network. None of this is exposed outside. My Server that has music files rendering via UPNP is strictly within my Private HomNetwork My UPNP renderer is also inside my Private Home LAN. So all these security concerns you raised do not apply as I am being a...
  7. radiogram

Kal - Thanks for your response, I follow your Stereophile reviews, My Point was about people who have a streamer with DLNA/UPNP capability but yet want to use USB because they are misinformed that steaming UPNP compromises SQ. They are nor not educated to know that streaming music file from...
  8. radiogram

Undersrtood. But how does using UPNP streaming of your local content within your local LAN compromise your security? Does it steal your personal info, credit card details, bank info, etc? If so where does it send to? If so, I would like to know because I have been using UPNP for 4 years now and...
  9. radiogram

My comment was based on my audio friends who told me that they were afraid of losing SQ by streaming vs Playing CD and also many audio forum posts. There is a section of people not converting because they are not properly informed. As far as storage it is so cheap today it cannot be an excuse.
  10. radiogram

@amirm desperately need your intervention here as it appears you will comprehend my post and will clarify everyone and also educate me if I am wrong. thanks
  11. radiogram

Those OS stacks you mention are already built into Windows/MAcOS/Android/IOS and all streamers that support DLNA/UPNP. There is nothing the consumer needs to do other than enabling them. Core Protocols like TCP/IP have been in use since 1970's.
  12. radiogram

It appears you want to troll rather than engage in meaningful discussion. Very disappointed.
  13. radiogram

Why would you want to use Audacity to listen to music?
Top Bottom