Recent content by preload

1. preload

Best wired IEM with cord that doesn't loop behind ears

How do you like the XBA-N3's compared to, say, the Zero? Thanks for the rec!
  2. preload

Thanks! From your other post it seemed that you weren't that impressed by the sound, despite their adherence to the Harman IE curve?
  3. preload

Thanks I had a pair of Ety ER4's back in the day (maybe 20 yrs ago) and I really wasn't impressed by the sound. I distinctly remember the Senn 535 (OE) sounding way better. Maybe they've gotten better? Are there no high end options? For instance, the IE800's are decent. Is anything better? Thanks
  4. preload

Yes, PEQ with a Qudelix-5K. 3.5mm, but also open to USB-C if it'll work with a Samsung Galaxy. :)
  5. preload

Can anyone please advise me on the very best wired IEMs that have cables that run downwards (instead of behind and over the ears)? I wear glasses, and the "cable behind the ear" IEM's are too cumbersome when I'm on the go. Cost not important.
  6. preload

Can you tell which headphone is more compliant to Harman Research?

The results of your poll seem to suggest that people aren't terribly reliable when it comes to "eyeballing" curves. Curious what your original intent was, however.
  7. preload

Samsung Buds2 Pro - what other BT IEMs are worth trying?

I will check out Wavelet, thanks for sharing this! All of the EQ apps I tried a couple yrs ago were slow and buggy. Hope this one is better. BTW, how did you determine your EQ settings for the Buds2Pro?
  8. preload

Good thought! Yes, I've tried the JBL Club Pro+ TWS IEMs that are also fairly close to the Harman target. But these (and the Buds2) are designed to fit a lower budget. Are there any JBL models that should sound better? Will check out Nothing Ear 2. Yes, Android.
  9. preload

Have you heard the Samsung Buds2 Pro? If so, you like the Senn's better?
  10. preload

Can you tell which headphone is more compliant to Harman Research?

I've read that paper (and series of papers) ad nauseum so I will not vote, as you had requested. I'm curious if you're trying to make the point that folks can't reliably predict headphone preferences simply by "eyeballing" the FR curves.
  11. preload

I really like the Samsung Buds2 Pro bluetooth IEMs. Are there any better bluetooth earbuds out there? Or is this it?
  12. preload

Any DCA Stealth owners "upgrade" to something better?

You thought the DCA Atrium sounded more musical than the DCA Stealth? Or that the Utopia sounded more musical than the DCA Stealth?
  13. preload

Are you saying that you preferred the Arya Stealth to various DCA models, or that you preferred the Arya Stealth specifically to the DCA Stealth?
  14. preload

What do you like better about the Arya Stealth compared to the DCA Stealth?
Top Bottom