Recent content by PH14

1. P

Hifiman Edition XS - poor highs?

@Lambo1985 the problem is sofar those that sounded great were very uncomfortable and vice versa :(
  2. P

One thing about Hifiman: their service desk is awake. Just got a reply: "Thanks for contacting us. Please kindly note that there is no headband of other models compatible with Edition XS. Sorry for the inconvenience." @Blorg - see beginning of thread. Oratory's tuning definitely does not agree...
  3. P

If I decide to keep the XS after all, I might consider that. As it stands now, small chance though. Tuning sofar has not helped. Especially the sibilance is an issue, looking into some folks saying this can be diminished with after market pads. But those would arrive too late for the return date...
  4. P

You posted while I was editing. Your link to their store indeed has many more options. I checked all of them, but none are for the Ananda, which is the one I suspect would work on the XS. None for the higher end ones like Arya either. No idea if they would be willing to sell you a spare part for...
  5. P

Do they still do this? None of the dealers of Hifiman I checked out when looking at their stuff before buying the XS from Amazon did. How long ago was this? Edit: scratch that, I forgot to check the home page. Hidden among the accessories: comfort headband 75 USD However, it's only for...
  6. P

I would like to partially retract my statement that these were very comfortable for my head. Now that I have been extensively testing them for long periods at a time, I have to say I do get a hotspot on top of my head after an hour or two. The worst of it is the pads, that are rough (cloth on...
  7. P

I requested the refund from Amazon already. I can always cancel the return should I change my mind in the next days. But while this is just one particular thing, it's one of those that you can't unhear once you're aware of it and it pops up unexpectedly everywhere. Shame really, if not for this...
  8. P

I'm told the Audeze are very uncomfortable/very heavy. True?
  9. P

Unfortunately, I'm in the EU, and Drop has lousy service and return policies for EU. No representation here. Is there a non-Drop model that you would recommend?
  10. P

Nope, double checked, all's like Oratory states on the Github page.
  11. P

Thanks for your input! I normally don't EQ (except for a bit of rough tuning, like lowering bass on my Elegia with Foobar's built in EQ) I installed the Headphone EQ Foobar plugin, and used Oratory's settings, and using the bypass function compared both. Very easy to hear the difference...
  12. P

I have a Hifiman Edition XS here, with the return window at Amazon closing soon. I really want to like these. Comfort is great (most headphones don't fit my head, these do, although I do need to remove my glasses). Very nice wide and open soundstage. On my Topping headphone amp lows and mids...
  13. P

Headphone cable replacements for Sennheiser HD 560s?

I checked Amazon here in the EU, and it seems Geekria is dominating the replacement cables for most headphones. However, a lot of the negative reviews say the audio quality suffers (less highs and soundstage) with these cables. While one doesn't need liquid gold flowing in platinum pipes, I do...
  14. P

Why does the Sennheiser HD800s have such a wide soundstage?

Is there any 'overlap' in their frequency responses? An area that one can point to and say: if this looks like that, a headphone will have wide soundstage?
  15. P

Speaker positioning question - manufacturer's suggestions

Thanks for the tip! But I suppose those are very expensive? The Borea BR 02 and 03 come in active form, with BT but there's no word whatsoever on DSP correction. I'll try and find some models and see what price range we're talking about.
Top Bottom