Recent content by penquin

1. P

MiniDSP or NAD M10

Does the MiniDSP SHD allow more than 2 channel corrections with Dirac. I vaguely remember reading that Dirac does only 2 channels even though the SHD is capable of allowing sub outs.
  2. P

MiniDSP or NAD M10

Only real source I have currently is an optical cable from my TV. Everything else is streamed through Spotify/FLACs via Plex (Utilizing CA's Stream Magic) I am okay not using a crossover but am not opposed to it. If it was to happen it would be with Dirac/DDRC-24
  3. P

MiniDSP or NAD M10

Have definitely thought about that but my biggest hesitation about the SHD is Volumio and its usability.
  4. P

MiniDSP or NAD M10

Hi all, I am looking to incorporate some sort of DSP into my system and wanted to see what would be the best route. Cambridge Audio 851N > Nord NC500 > Revel F208 Cambridge Audio 851N > Rythmik E15 (via Line out) Currently debating about buying a MiniDSP DDRC-24 to slot in between the 851N...
  5. P

Subwoofer to pair with F208s

Awesome sheet you've built there! Thank you for that. :) Im a bit new to all of this but how much does the extra ~1000cu ft of space from the kitchen effect filling the living room portion? If no one is ever in that area when things are playing? I wonder if an F18 is worth it over the FVX15...
  6. P

Thanks for the info! Ill look at monolith also. Thats a great suggestion. My music is never super loud just missing some of the lower end. The thought was to potentially eventually get to dual subs instead of one giant one. It seems a single 12inch might be too small for my room though.
  7. P

Thats awesome! How big is your room / what type of music do you listen to?
  8. P

Hey all! Im currently looking at a few different Rythmik subs to pair with my F208s. Trying to debate if the F12 is big enough or if I should jump to the F15/FVX15. Will most likely start with one and move to two in the future. The room is open concept with a kitchen attached to the living...
  9. P

Nord Acoustics vs Apollon

I was definitely considering the VTVs for the price point but decided against it due to the build quality issues posted on the forums.
  10. P

Thanks for the response! Unfortunately, Im using a Master/Slave power adapter and I heard the March Audio has a touch button so it wouldn't work with it. I noticed you have the F208s! How do you like it with the NAD M22v2? I was actually considering that for myself but its a bit over budget...
  11. P

Hey all. Decided to get the Hypex NCore NC502MP for my setup and am currently split between Nord and Apollon. Ultimately, Im trying to see if the Apollon €995 ($1105) shipped is worth the cost over the Nord at £660 ($841) shipped. Apollon NCMP700 vs Nord One MP NC50 They both seem to be...
  12. P

Living room DAC/Amp selection

Hey all! So I recently got a pair of Revel F208s for the living room and was originally going to pair it up with a Denon x3700. Upon more thoughts about it, I am thinking of spending a little more and going down the DAC/Preamp > AMP route. What are everyones thoughts on using something on the...
  13. P

Help with setup for new 2.0 system

Hi all! I recently grabbed a pair for Revel F208s. Looking at a way to drive them and debating between two routes. We're pretty much 50/50 movie/music and use the built in app on the tv a lot. (Netflix, HBOMax, Prime Video, etc) I would consider adding a sub and or a center channel in the...
Top Bottom