Recent content by Moosi

1. M

PS Audio PowerPlant P12 Review (Video)

I don't buy Brita filter for the sake of being too lazy to keep changing and cleaning the stuff. But tea and coffee taste better with filtered water.
  2. M

Dual Merus MA12070 Amplifier Sabaj A20 fully balanced : pictures inside )

was it turned to max by default from the manufacturer or did you adjust it to max. by yourself? I believe the default setting is ~23V. Maybe if you have "USB noise" this is related to your DAC being fed from a "dirty" source with a ground loop. If not it should vary from USB plug to USB plug...
  3. M

You are right @Toku I was just referring to Lockheeds post not being related to the A20a for being two different topics: "Then I tried that with the -/ground and this time DAC was detected AND THE USB NOISE IS GONE! SICK!"
  4. M

Topping E30 DAC Review

They keep updating the E30. Multiple changes have been made to the layout. It's not only that they changed the receiver chip from AKM to CL, but there's more to it. I owned two E30. One serial 2007 und one with serial 2102. Both are AKM receivers. The 2102 was the last batch produced with the...
  5. M

Interesting, but wrong thread I assume. USB noise is a problem of the DAC and not a problem of the SabajA20a. It cannot do anything about it, since it does not have a USB port. Besides, Amir has tested various USB cables and found small differences (rising with lenght of the cable), but all...
  6. M

I'm quite experienced with modding this amp in terms of silencing it. I've managed to bring it from noise starting from about 60% of volume to being dead silent up to 98% of volume (-2db on the scale). Both with RCA plugged and ears to speakers directly. But this is with the original (clicking...
  7. M

DSD is better than PCM!

-Paul Mc Gowan from PS Audio is a huge fan of DSD over PCM, but he is recording in native DSD which is a different thing. (and has financial interest in it) -Archimago did test the HQplayer DSD filters in 2019 and found no benefit, but has no measurement for the newer ASDM7"EC" modulators who...
  8. M

Serial numbers are printed on the PCB. If your A20a starts clicking with the base-line of a track, there is a problem with the relay. Coupling the A20a with a DAC from the 15V out does better it by raising the limit at which the amp starts clicking to a higher volume level. This will give you...
  9. M

DSD is better than PCM!

Kill me if you want, but I do firmly believe my 16/24 -44khz Flacs sound better if I upscale them to DSD128 with Roon+HQplayer (polysinc_xtr_short/ASDM7EC). How is it different? Well, it's not that there is more detail in it, but there appears at least to my ears to be more depth and space in...
  10. M

First listening impression of Topping pa5.

Thank you. I am confident from the wattage that this is a "no burstmode" switching PSU. Further reassuring me that I made the right choice with the SabajA20a and the Meanwell RPS-400-24 PSU also running at around 6-7W total.
  11. M

A20a DAC: none Amp: MA12070x2@PTBL Preamp: NJW1194@OPA1678 (60 steps digital) UDA38pro pure DAC: none DAC+Preamp: 58 steps digital, probably NJW119X or similar Most (better) DACs pure DAC: bypassing Preamp, handing signal without altering it DAC+Preamp: something similar with digital steps...
  12. M

First listening impression of Topping pa5.

Did anyone measure how much watts the PA5+PSU draw from the wall plug in on/standby?
  13. M

How much power does an amplifier need with this type of range of dynamic music

Well, how do you calculate the resistance of the speakers? Some go down to 2ohm, which most amplifiers can't even handle.
  14. M

Topping PA5 Review (Amplifier)

This is a hype! This is madness! I don't need it. I don't want it. Yet I will buy it next year, for I really want to know what it can do. This is the definition of a hype. Buying something you don't actually need just to satisfy the need to find out if it can live up to it.
  15. M

Topping PA5 Review (Amplifier)

If your SabajA20a sounds somehow "muddy" you have a problem with AC noise seeping in from the mains. Do you live in Europe? I can hear echoes over echoes on mine after modding it with N30 Ferrite to the ACins. It's as clear as a mountain river filled with distilled water.
Top Bottom