Recent content by Luke Lemke

1. Luke Lemke

Worst movie ever?

Enough said
  2. Luke Lemke

AKG K701 Headphone Reviews (China and Austrian Made)

I'm afraid they're not deeper nor softer. They basically erase all low frequencies.
  3. Luke Lemke

AKG K701 Headphone Reviews (China and Austrian Made)

Thanks for this recommendation. I've tried some pads from Aliexpress and they were just horrible.
  4. Luke Lemke

Focal Utopia Review (Headphone)

I'm one of these crazy headphones collector that is considering buying the Utopias. The reason I asked this question is because I think the Utopia will not be significantly superior to my Focal Clears. I didn't mean to "challenge" your opinion in any way. That being said, I think you should...
  5. Luke Lemke

Which headphones are you comparing the Utopia against in terms of "Punch"?
  6. Luke Lemke

Hifiman Edition XS

I trust you've heard the resonances and this bothered you. In my case, I can't really hear it. I have a headphone collection and the edition XS brings a lot to the table in terms of soundstage and the unique feeling of having "two speakers" around my head, as Amir stated. It's a keeper in my book.
  7. Luke Lemke

Both my Focal Clear MG and the Focal Clear OG clips. As you said, it only happens at very high volumes, so it's not really a concern for me. If anyone wants to hear them clipping, listen to Paul's Dream from Hans Zimmer + a low shelf EQ of about +7db.
  8. Luke Lemke

My take on what's been discussed in this thread: -No, the HD 6XX is not as good as the Utopia, even when they're both EQed to the Harman target. -Comparing IEM's to open back headphones is weird. -Yes, the Utopia is not a good value since it costs $4000. -The HD800 and the Utopia are both...
  9. Luke Lemke

Hifiman Edition XS

I own the Edition XS. They're my favorite headphones at the moment, "better" than cans twice its price for my ears. I tested your song and I might've heard something weird from the left driver, but nothing conclusive. I can't hear anything with any other songs, so either you got defective units...
  10. Luke Lemke

T Thanks for the feedback. Have you tried to compare them both when EQed to the Harman target?
  11. Luke Lemke

What IEMs do you own?

I don't own ANY IEM's except for a wireless AKG that Crinacle recommended. I'm thinking about getting the Moondrop Blessing 2. Anybody has recommendations of IEM's on the $300 price range?
  12. Luke Lemke

Philips Fidelio X2HR Review (headphone)

The X2's can be bought for around $80 used at eBay. I really can't think of a better price / performance ratio than this. If you EQ these cans to the Harman curve (oratory 1990) they sound VERY good to my ears.
Top Bottom