Recent content by Lavawood

1. Lavawood

Dynaudio Heritage Special

This is how I feel about getting these speakers. All out
  2. Lavawood

Resurrected amp, RCM3

It was the bridge rectifier, $20 bucks, back in business. Same part for replacement, ID on different side. How does a part like this fail before the power tubes?
  3. Lavawood

WTB: integrated or stereo amp and analog pre

My integrated took a crap I need a stand in, stereo 100 watts plus 2 analog, one mm phono
  4. Lavawood

Resurrected amp, RCM3

And over to the $2000 integrated thread I go.
  5. Lavawood

integrated amplifier for 2 thousand dollars

Any updates a year in? My integrated just crapped out. It’s worth repairing but I need a stand in. I like the SHD power, but my turntable is left out. need 100 watts plus Usb and optical in Phono or analog in WiFi streaming would be nice but I have a pc input (usb) I have separate usb and...
  6. Lavawood

Resurrected amp, RCM3

I was watching a movie and when it was over, it quit. It’s not the fuses, cord, outlet or power tubes. Upon closer inspection, this potted doodad bolted to the chassis, connected to the input transformer looks cooked. Any ideas?
  7. Lavawood

Still have a lottery’s chance of scoring: I just saw this live at redrocks. Please crank/repeat for me:
  8. Lavawood

Dynaudio Special 40 - WTF!

These speakers 3 feet into the room sound incredible. I understand the subjective measurements to a degree but in your listening room, from your listening position, I think you’d be hard pressed to find better bang for the buck. Anyone who owns these, you did good. Anyone thinking about it...
  9. Lavawood

I would... Added benefit is the reveal every time I imagine angels sing
  10. Lavawood

Subsonic filter is the problem! You’re missing out! What’s the cutoff? Your speakers go deep in the 40’s
  11. Lavawood

It’s entirely possible there’s some subsonic stuff caught on the recording. I’m pretty sure your speakers are just doing what they’re told. I’d be glad to evaluate them for a few months
  12. Lavawood

Or customer who borrowed them... Or “poked” them I was in a shop in Boise last week, they had a pair of C1’s on display. One of the tweeters was ripped open.
Top Bottom