Recent content by Lavawood

1. Lavawood

Carver RAM285

I’m interested in reading impressions. Steve Gutenberg just reviewed it. I’m surprised by the price. For the same price, you can get American made integrateds; Rogue chronus magnum and Cary SLI80HS.
  2. Lavawood

Aragon 2004 MK II Review (Vintage Amplifier)

This is a great thread! Acurus , Aragon, Adcom, creek! I lusted after these amps for years. No one mentioned the palladium’s! I recall reading about the ”military grade” hardware and soldering and thinking, wow….someday. I would end up in a Vancouver shop in 1999, I found a brand new 4B sst for...
  3. Lavawood

Dayton SA1000 Subwoofer Controller- withdrawn -

I sold both of them You can still get them retail. Don’t hesitate, it’s an awesome product and you can sell it for 400 down the road!
  4. Lavawood

Topping e50 / l50 popping issue windows 11

What I wanted was to control tidal with my iPhone through a zen stream and get my pc out of it. So the E50 sought to destroy my speakers and the zen doesn’t work on WiFi. Just for the heck of it I tried the topping driver and the motherboard USB to topping and got nothing. The DAC didn’t see...
  5. Lavawood

SMSL SD 9 or IFI ZEN STREAM

I just got the zen. I’m returning it. After 4 hours I cannot get WiFi to work. This was the most frustrating experience.
  6. Lavawood

Great feedback, thank you! Trust me, the SOtM USB card cleared out all pc chatter. Works perfectly with any other dac I’ve tried. This is no ordinary sound card. https://www.sotm-audio.com/sotmwp/english/portfolio-item/tx-usbexp/ I will not risk my speakers to troubleshoot this issue...
  7. Lavawood

Found this thread too late I just had a very unsettling experience with a brand new Topping E50. I plug it into my system and it sounds wonderful, then a snap so loud I was afraid the whole system fried. Thought it might be something I did, the new tubes in my amp. 10 min later again SNAP! Like...
  8. Lavawood

Topping E50 Review (Balanced DAC)

I just had a very unsettling experience with a brand new Topping E50. I plug it into my system and it sounds wonderful, then a snap so loud I was afraid the whole system fried. Thought it might be something I did, the new tubes in my amp. 10 min later again SNAP! Like lightning. Feared my...
  9. Lavawood

Thank you for the offer but shipping will be half that depending on where it’s going and that’s less than half the price of a new one. I’ll take the add down.
  10. Lavawood

Dynaudio Heritage Special

Finally! The universe has provided from the most unlikely source!
  11. Lavawood

I do have a dayton sa1000 And a 12” sundown sub in a factory’s box All made in NC
  12. Lavawood

Dynaudio Heritage Special

This is how I feel about getting these speakers. All out
  13. Lavawood

Resurrected amp, RCM3

It was the bridge rectifier, $20 bucks, back in business. Same part for replacement, ID on different side. How does a part like this fail before the power tubes?
Top Bottom