• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Dynaudio Heritage Special

doodle6

I lost a cartridge this way, fortunately nothing fancy. I didn't have a dust cover then. I bought one, and it hasn't happened again.
One of my kids playing Disco Duck or something similar on my Thorens years ago destroyed a cartridge/wand integrated unit Shure made for SME. Neighbor lady/carpool buddy heard me bawling her out. “Bring it to me - maybe the guys at the lab can do something with it.” Two weeks later she gave it back, working perfectly and with spare stylus. “What kind of lab do you work for, Judy, that could fix that?” “You must have never learned my maiden name, huh? It’s Shure.”

YSC

Major Contributor
Ordered a pair about a week ago, then stumbled across this thread whilst waiting for them….
well, don't regret, it looked classic, and from measurements found it probably isn't t he best you can get at the price but not really bad, from in room it seems no toe in and stay in 30 degrees axis will get you a flatter response. Enjoy your new toy if you like all it's design, it's like... if you chose Ferrari, don't feels sad if review said it goes from 0-100 or around the nurburgring slower than a Mclaren or Porsche

matro5

Ordered a pair about a week ago, then stumbled across this thread whilst waiting for them….

Congrats! I love mine and hope you do, too. I haven't posted much since I got my pair, mostly b/c I haven't spent much time on the forums since they arrived :)

doodle6

well, don't regret, it looked classic, and from measurements found it probably isn't t he best you can get at the price but not really bad, from in room it seems no toe in and stay in 30 degrees axis will get you a flatter response. Enjoy your new toy if you like all it's design, it's like... if you chose Ferrari, don't feels sad if review said it goes from 0-100 or around the nurburgring slower than a Mclaren or Porsche
I listened to a pair in Austin six or eight weeks ago by accident, just happened past a dealer who handled Golden Ear and dropped in. Before I left, he turned them on without being asked to. I’ve always been a large speaker guy, BIG floor standing stuff. Listened to them for a few minutes, then went to the parking lot to get my wife out of the car. (Yeah, I’d left her out there.). She liked ‘em, too, which is quite a hurdle. Told the guy, “I don’t really have any use for those, but don’t be surprised when I call you in a month or two to buy ‘em.” And that’s exactly what happened - couldn’t shake that astonishing impact they had on me. Dunno what I’m gonna do with’em when they arrive. Already have a house full of fabulous speakers in systems that are all linked up with Bluesound.

YSC

Major Contributor
I listened to a pair in Austin six or eight weeks ago by accident, just happened past a dealer who handled Golden Ear and dropped in. Before I left, he turned them on without being asked to. I’ve always been a large speaker guy, BIG floor standing stuff. Listened to them for a few minutes, then went to the parking lot to get my wife out of the car. (Yeah, I’d left her out there.). She liked ‘em, too, which is quite a hurdle. Told the guy, “I don’t really have any use for those, but don’t be surprised when I call you in a month or two to buy ‘em.” And that’s exactly what happened - couldn’t shake that astonishing impact they had on me. Dunno what I’m gonna do with’em when they arrive. Already have a house full of fabulous speakers in systems that are all linked up with Bluesound.
um~ will you beat me up if I told you the solution is to "let me take care of some of those space occupying ones you don't like free of charge":cool:

doodle6

um~ will you beat me up if I told you the solution is to "let me take care of some of those space occupying ones you don't like free of charge":cool:
Yeah, tried that one time and had a helluva time reclaiming a mint pair of JBL 4350s.

Reactions: YSC
I have a pair of heritage specials since 6 weeks or so. Have had a lot of speakers big and small. kef, focal, scan speak, etc.
very engaging and precise as a monitor, sound room filling and amazing good bass extension. Not tiring, but musical and relaxed while very revealing. can do all music. Love them. And very beautiful in my large living room.
real quality sound, like a good headphone revealing sound I mean.
well done dynaudio!!

boostmiser

I originally bought the Special 40's but due to a snafu in which I never received them, I upgraded to the Heritage. Mine arrive in two days and will be hooked up to a Luxman 505UXii via Canare 4s11 speake wires. Also have a Rega P3, a Bluesound Node (the new one). Looking forward to hearing them even though I never auditioned them...hope they live up to the hype.
I'm pretty sure I'll feel the need for a sub. I have an old Boston Acoutics vr-500 which is a great little 10" sub but not sure it's up to the level of my new equipment. Looking at a REL next.

PLB

I originally bought the Special 40's but due to a snafu in which I never received them, I upgraded to the Heritage. Mine arrive in two days and will be hooked up to a Luxman 505UXii via Canare 4s11 speake wires. Also have a Rega P3, a Bluesound Node (the new one). Looking forward to hearing them even though I never auditioned them...hope they live up to the hype.
I'm pretty sure I'll feel the need for a sub. I have an old Boston Acoutics vr-500 which is a great little 10" sub but not sure it's up to the level of my new equipment. Looking at a REL next.

PLB

They will sound fantastic! Depending on the size of your room, you may not need a sub. I had a Martin Logan Balance Force 210 in my system but I soon realized I didn’t need or want it with the HS and sold it. That being said a faster more accurate sub may work better, I might try the Kef kc62.

Helicopter

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Well you certainly picked the aesthetic I like. That will be a gorgeous system. I am sure it will sound good too. :)

I like the exposed knobs on the Luxman compared to the high end Accuphase, but I like the colors and lettering a bit better on Accuphase. Hard to pick an overall beauty queen.

Lavawood

Forum Donor
Still have a lottery’s chance of scoring:
I just saw this live at redrocks.
Please crank/repeat for me:

OP
watchnerd

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
So I finally got around to setting up the Devialet SAM profile for the Heritage Special (I never thought they'd actually make it):

https://www.devialet.com/en-us/expert-pro-sam-ready-speakers/dynaudio/heritage_special/

I was never a big fan of SAM on the Contour 20, but here I have the opposite reaction.

I don't know if it's because of the differences between inside magnet vs outside magnet, general bass Q (the Heritage Special sounds to be like it's tuned to a higher Q than the Contour 20), but I like the effect.

It doesn't sound to me like it goes much deeper (if at all), despite the graph, but the bass sounds tighter, like the woofer is more tightly controlled.

Worth experimenting with if you have a Devialet Expert.

So the setup of Devialet SAM + 2 x ML subwoofers is enough oomph to do a pretty good job of making the speakers sound bigger than they are.

Last edited:

Lavawood

Forum Donor
This is how I feel about getting these speakers. All out

Top Bottom