Recent content by Joemoonit

1. Joemoonit

What to upgrade? To DX9 maybe?

Hi, I don't think the balanced cable will make any audible difference as is my understanding that the DX9 have the same output power in every plug. Mine is black but I don't remember about the shade of black, sorry. But I prefer black products because when you buy them from different producers...
  2. Joemoonit

What to upgrade? To DX9 maybe?

Hi, no replies? How strange. I can say that I have a DX9 for one month now and it's a lovely piece of gear, very nice to look at and listen to. I have Dan Clark Aeon2 closed and a set of highly modified Grado (they sounds as RS2 but weight 300gr! only!). I also had the chance to try a pair of...
  3. Joemoonit

Complete newbie flirting with the idea of passive speakers + DAC/AMP setup for my desktop PC. Advice greatly appreciated!

Hello, I have a MX5 and I think it's a great all-in-one. I tried it with my KEF LS50meta and it has enough power to get way too loud in my listening room, 12sm. In the summer I use it in our beach house, which has a very large room, with small Paradigm speakers it's able to fill the room. Also...
  4. Joemoonit

Poll: Audio Science Review in the World (2024)

Padova, Italia
  5. Joemoonit

Problem with Topping PA5 - Topping after-sale service sent a new one!

Hello everybody, in February 2022 I bought a PA5, it worked well until 6 months ago. It started with a low humming but then it got worse with buzzes and cracks. It was like a vinyl record in terrible conditions. Obviously it's the very common problem already discussed here many times. I...
  6. Joemoonit

Roon - Non existing support

Last (?) report on this. After the last reboot there was no way to have Roon back in working condition. So I took out a Mini PC I had in a drawer. It's a Minis Forum Z83-F with Intel Atom x5 CPU 1.44 GHz, 64 GB and 4GB RAM, windows 10. It, it's my now Roon core and I must say it does it very...
  7. Joemoonit

Hello, I have a Logitech MX keys, the only software installed is the usual keyboard setup. I point out again that everything was ok with Roon before an update. Now I just had my PC rebooted and I'm getting the same Too many failures message again. I tried to uninstall Topping drivers but the DAC...
  8. Joemoonit

Hello, this is something I've been thinking about for some time. The issue is: how I will control this PC? Another screen and keyboard in my already cluttered desk? Also, sometimes I listen to music from other PC sources and that would be no more possible. With the last setup everything's fine...
  9. Joemoonit

Thank you for the reply. My E50 works with Wasapi and I have nothing enabled in Roon with ASIO, I only enabled the usb headphones Mpow and the E50. In windows the same two are enabled plus Realtek digital output. I agree with you that it's a matter of conflict, the thing that puzzles me is that...
  10. Joemoonit

Yesterday I had to reboot my PC and fight to have Roon back to work. I was successful eventually. I'm not an expert but my feeling is that the problem is coming from Windows more than Roon, I had to run the windows audio problems assistant that did something with the driver for my Topping E50...
  11. Joemoonit

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/renewed-error-with-roon-on-pc-too-many-failures-stopping-playback/240359 The thread was renewed later: https://community.roonlabs.com/t/renewed-error-with-roon-on-pc-too-many-failures-stopping-playback/240359/3
  12. Joemoonit

Hello everybody, I bought a lifetime license for Roon, it worked very well until a Roon update that messed up something with Windows. I use my PC as core, and after that Roon update the message "Too many failures. Stopping playback" appeared and Roon stopped working. That happens everytime I...
  13. Joemoonit

Topping LA90 Review (Integrated Amplifier)

Hello, I have KEF LS50 meta and Topping P5. It all depends on the size of the room. Mine is just 3x4 (12 sq. mt) and I just can't go over 2 o'clock. I'm used to loud concerts and high sound level also in my car. In a flat it will be just impossible to go over that level, my cellphone measured 85...
Top Bottom