Recent content by jmz

1. jmz

Marantz PM6006 UK Edition - high temperature without signal and connected speakers

I'm using Marantz PM6006 UK Edition for a few years now. This amp is working in my office/workshop space and sometimes is turned on for many hours. The volume know is usually set at hour 9... sometimes 9:30. I noticed since the beginning that after playing music for a few hours the top cover...
  2. jmz

Topping D10s USB DAC and Bridge Review

Hello! Toku-san. Thank you very much. Since the stand is ready I can focus at media player. For now I'm using Kodi with WASAPI driver to play music from my flac files. I will try other player soon. I must admit that I'm more than happy with this cheap Topping DAC. Much better sound comparing to...
  3. jmz

Today I created final version of my stand for micro audio setup. Brass plates 150x150mm 2.5mm thick. No more interference between devices. It is my work/office sound system and space is very limited for it. In the future I should have more space to separate them in "normal" way. But I must say...
  4. jmz

One more time... thank you for answer and help.
  5. jmz

Thank you for the answer. Is 3mm brass plate which I used good enough? What about stainless steel? I saw on internet that some people are covering inside side of this DAC with self adhesive copper film. Dose it make sense? From my point of view the problem is solved... but I'm happy to learn...
  6. jmz

Thank you for the answer. I have 2 identical sets D10s and Intel NUC. In both situations I have had this same problems when stacked one on another. In first set I separated them far enough to solve this problem. Second set (on pictures) the stand solved the problem. In the future I will have...
  7. jmz

Since we are talking about sound noise or other sound distortions. Could someone please explain me this situation? I have had a small problem with my configuration D10s and Intel NUC NUC8I5BEH. When NUC was sitting on the top of D10s like on the picture I was hearing randomly crack/sizzle in...
  8. jmz

Thank you. I just finished reading. Reached to this same conclusion.
  9. jmz

You are welcome. So 5V 0.5A - 1.0 A linear power supply should be OK ? I'm just reading this: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/do-you-need-linear-power-supply-for-dacs.7021/
  10. jmz

There is a solution how to easily separate USB signal from USB power. https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/dc-power-cables/usb-b-adapter-cable-for-external-usb-a-power-supply-p-8389.html Now external linear power supply can be used. Could someone tell what power should have this external power...
  11. jmz

Could someone please explain to me why I can hear noticeable D10s sound difference according to used operating system and drivers. Windows 10 and TheSycon drivers are giving much better sound (more balanced with right amount of bass). vs. Linux with ALSA driver (sound dominated by high...
  12. jmz

I have had a small problem with my configuration D10s and Intel NUC NUC8I5BEH. When NUC was sitting on the top of D10s like on the picture I was hearing randomly crack/sizzle in the sound. Something like badly worn vinyl disc. I used Supra Cables High Speed Type A-B USB 50cm cable between NUC...
  13. jmz

Sennheiser HD 650... what my first dedicated Headphone Amplifier?

Thank you for the answer! I think this can be solution for me.
  14. jmz

Thank you for the answer. I will take a look.
  15. jmz

Thank you for the answer. Because I'm "green" with DAC's and have no experience with dedicated headphone amplifiers I will stay with current setup. So far big jump was made by changing Intel NUC sound card for Topping D10s DAC. Wantend to go furher but realized that this way can be a dead end...
Top Bottom