Recent content by jcheavymetal

1. J

Topping L70 Headphone Amp Review

I have been using L70 since january as headphone amplifier but mainly as a pre-amplifier connected to two JBL powered studio monitors. I had no issues at all for a long time, but, from about 2 months ago, every time I turn it on it gives me a very loud pop on the monitors, independently of the...
  2. J

Topping PA7 Plus Amplifier Review

I heard no issues about them until now like what happened to PA5 I and LA90D. I went for the PA7, waiting it to be delivered.
  3. J

Fosi Audio's First Dual-Mode Balanced Amplifier ZA3

I suppose if it is listed it should be the final design, so Fosi came asking for suggestions but changed nothing at the final product.
  4. J

I think they sound the same because they are made to sound the same, made to sound linear as the measurements show. I guess what you call "sounding different" is what we call here as "distortion".
  5. J

TOPPING Audio Interfaces Coming soon!

I'm very interested in this review, but I would guess that Amir probably already have a unit with him waiting for review. I suggest asking him first before you buy it.
  6. J

New Topping PA5 MKII in the works

Amir is posting reviews on an almost daily base, I supose he got a lot of stuff for review and probably some of the new Topping stuff between them waiting in line.
  7. J

TOPPING Audio Interfaces Coming soon!

Looks like it's already being sold in China https://world.taobao.com/item/731669350419.htm
  8. J

After 3 months you won't buy it because you will be waiting for the new Topping announced amplifier measurements and reliability to compare lol
  9. J

From their facebook page. Like the PA7 it will have a regular and a plus version.
  10. J

The RA3 has the same specs as the first PA5, may the PA5 II be the same amp as RA3 in different form factor?
  11. J

I have got the R3 error several times when turning my L70 on. Then I realized this always happen when I turn it on right after pluging it in electricity. Now I wait a while to turn it on after turning the power distributor on and have not got the error message anymore.
  12. J

GR Research B24 AC Cable Review Follow up [Entertainment]

There's a very simple and effective way for these companies to prove that their products really work instead of a 37min "probably a little longer video" reply: double blind testing with independent raters. But none of them are doing this or at least showing the results. Thanks Amir for all your...
  13. J

SMSL SD-9 Player Review

Ì think it was released when there weren't many streaming devices around, specially ones that weren't very expensive
  14. J

Topping E70 Velvet (AKM 4499EX)

Good to know, I may order the original E70. However I would still recomend a blind test to avoid a nocebo effect, you would not hear differences because you expect they to not exist, just to be rigorous to the scientific method.
Top Bottom