Recent content by goodkeys

1. G

Why is RME so expensive?

RME interfaces are usually very durable. I use an RME Multiface I on my Windows 11 machine. It runs reliable, stable and with very low latency. I don't know in which year my Multiface I was built. But it was replaced by the Multiface II in 2002. So my interface must be more than 20 years old. It...
  2. G

I've owned speakers by.....

Not in chronological order. Logitech Micca Blue Sky eXoII Geithain RL 906 Quad ESL 57 JBL LSR 305P Edifier R1280T I use a stereo set of RL 906 to work on (tv and media music). The ESL 57 (also stereo) for listening pleasure. And I am currently adding 7.1.4 Atmos to my studio with three LSR 305...
  3. G

Can VST plugins like Penteo 16 or Halo Upmix + jRiver replace AVR-hardware?

@VoidX have you made progress on the additional features for Cavern? Can it upmix in real-time now? And have you managed to add time-domain corrections for Quick EQ? My hardware for an Atmos setup on PC should soon arrive. Looking forward to test Cavern and QuickEQ.
  4. G

Audyssey XT32 vs Dirac Live

Yes, that would be the plan.
  5. G

Audyssey XT32 vs Dirac Live

Dirac Live is 30% off until Sunday with code BLACK2022. Thinking about buying it in addition to the Audyssey of my x3700h. Would it be a step up over Audyssey without the Multeq-X?
  6. G

How to experience 7.2.4 on Windows?

Thank you @VoidX! That's good to know.
  7. G

@VoidX can you say something about the upmixing process in Cavern as compared to the upmixers in av receivers? Will it be comparable qualitywise, or can avrs upmixers do things that Cavern can't? I could get a good deal on a Denon x3700h, and I am contemplating whether I really need it or...
  8. G

Four channel audio interface with ADAT under 300$

Thanks for your suggestions everybody. I managed to snap up a Multiface with pci card for 80$. Looking forward to trying the new setup.
  9. G

Audio Interface for Dolby Atmos under 1000$

Well, I'll use this setup mostly to produce music in Cubase. So I'll route a 7.1.4 configuration in my DAW (Cubase) through the soundcard and ADA8200 to the speakers. As for Atmos playback, there is this on Windows: http://cavern.sbence.hu/cavern/ Cavern makes it possible, apparently, to play...
  10. G

Four channel audio interface with ADAT under 300$

Hi everyone, for a 7.1.4 Atmos setup I need an Audio Interface with at least 4 line outs, and an Adat out. The budget is 300£ maximum. I'll connect a Behringer ADA8200 to it via ADAT to get the other 8 output channels needed. The options that are available to me at the moment are: Behringer...
  11. G

Edifier MR4 Review (Budget Monitor)

building a 7.1.4 system. I have three LSR 305 for L C R channels. For the satellites, I need something a lot smaller than that. My choice is between the Edifier Mr4 and 1280. In my country, the MR4 cost 130$ for the pair. The 1280 are only 81$ per pair. Given that I need four pairs for my Atmos...
  12. G

Affordable Atmos 7.1.4 setup from Windows 11 pc

Hi everyone, Currently I am playing with the idea of extending my monitoring setup. I have two specific usecases: I produce tv/media music with samples in Cubase. And I use the same system to watch movies and tv. I'd appreciate some help for choosing good hardware, and to check whether my idea...
  13. G

Great. It's the only task I would have needed an AVR for. Upmixing a stereo signal to Atmos 7.1.4. Currently I am upmixing to 5.1.2 with a Sony STR-DH790. Especially the Neural:X upmixer works well in my setup. Going to 7.1.4 now and hoping to get rid of the avr. Cavern looks great for that. But...
  14. G

Cavern looks amazing. Thank you for sharing your work @VoidX! A very basic question: with Cavern, is it possible to upmix stereo sound to Atmos in realtime, like an AVR does? My goal would be to connect a Focusrite 18i20 to my pc, and add a Behringer ADA8200 through ADAT. The line outs of these...
  15. G

Audio Interface for Dolby Atmos under 1000$

Good to know. Thank you @Blumlein 88. It looks like an Atmos 7.1.4 setup is indeed possible on a smaller budget. I'll have to decide on an interface (18i20 plus a stereo spdif dac? 4 channel interface plus ADA8200?). It's a nice bonus that these boxes can also serve for recording further down...
Top Bottom