• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Four channel audio interface with ADAT under 300$

goodkeys

Hi everyone,

for a 7.1.4 Atmos setup I need an Audio Interface with at least 4 line outs, and an Adat out. The budget is 300£ maximum. I'll connect a Behringer ADA8200 to it via ADAT to get the other 8 output channels needed.

The options that are available to me at the moment are:

Behringer UMC1820 new 240$
RME Multiface used plus PCI card used plus PCIE adapter used 300$
Audient ID44 used 300$
MOTU 896 mk3 used, line out two not working, 140$

Which of these offers best value? I am running an AMD Ryzen 5950X machine with Windows 11. Longevity is a concern. Low latency drivers are important too, as I would use this setup to produce music in Cubase 12.

Thank you in advance for your help.

DevinCortno

RME Multiface used plus PCI card used plus PCIE adapter used 300$

Which of these offers best value? I am running an AMD Ryzen 5950X machine with Windows 11. Longevity is a concern. Low latency drivers are important too, as I would use this setup to produce music in Cubase 12.

Thank you in advance for your help.
I'm using an RME HDSP Aio Pro and am extremely happy with it. I'd suggest sticking with any RME solution over any other choice. Their products really are the best in terms of stability, latency and support.

used version 1 AIOs are probably out there for $300 now? you can use the two lineouts then a Y-cable to split the headphone output to two more outputs for your 4 line outs

kiwifi

Take a look at the M-Audio ProFire 2626...

FINFET

Forum Donor
Windows user go RME and you'll not regret. A used FF400 with 1394 pcie card if you can find a good price one. Might be a little bit over your bugget depend on your location, but it'll be much better than multiface and a pcie 1394 adapter is better than dedicated multiface card that it can be used for other firewire devices.

OP
G

goodkeys

Thanks for your suggestions everybody. I managed to snap up a Multiface with pci card for 80$. Looking forward to trying the new setup.

Top Bottom