Recent content by EPC

1. E

Best tweeter design?

I can tell you why they don't... The tweeter feels very decoupled from the woofer with the crossover being quite apparently. The bass lacks sufficient punch, and the mid range sounds smeared and lacks clarity.
  2. E

Best tweeter design?

Thanks for your in-depth reply! I'm currently rocking some cheap ribbon tweeter Adam T7Vs and wanted to upgrade. I'm trying to approach the decision from a more modular mindset, i.e: - What's the ideal tweeter? - Is it better to go ported (front or rear) or passive? - Do I sacrifice bass...
  3. E

Best tweeter design?

Best in regards to transient response, linearity and stereo image. There are so many designs, to name a few: • Soft dome • Ribbon • Focal’s Beryllium • Barefoot’s radiator tweeter • PMC Result6’s fin guide • Amphion’s Titanium tweeter • Horn tweeters Etc, etc… I know it’s a loaded question...
  4. E

Do software VU meters react the same as hardware versions?

I currently use software VU meters to level the energy go bass notes and vocals. I wasn't sure if a hardware VU would react better given it would detect the actual voltage...
  5. E

Do software VU meters react the same as hardware versions?

I wondered if software VU meters work the same as hardware, or if one is more accurate over the other?
  6. E

Are passive radiator monitors true superior to ported, or are there any cons?

Cost aside… There are passive monitors like the Focal Shape 50 that are in the same price category as other ported monitors. Same with the Amphion One15
  7. E

Best meter to level audio pre-hardware

I’ve been toying with sending vocals and software sub-basses to external guitar pedals. To get even saturation I’m trying to clip-gaining everything before hitting the pedals. I don’t really trust my monitors enough to level low end by ear so wanted to lean on a meter for help. What would be a...
  8. E

Amphion vs Genelec

Are you familiar which has a better transient response? I find I get that ‘3D’ effect when a speaker has a quick response, e.g ribbon tweeters
  9. E

Amphion vs Genelec

Do the Amphions have any sonic benefit over the Genelecs? The crossover is low, and they use passive radiators. Does that really mean much compared to a calibrated Genelec? Also, do passive monitors hold any sonic benefit over active monitors?
  10. E

Amphion vs Genelec

I’m looking to get a new set of mixing monitors and I’m stuck between Amphion One18 or Genelec 8340 (with GLM). There are nothing but good reviews and specs out there on the Genelecs! In conjunction with GLM it feels like they would be a really solid choice, compared to most speakers at that...
  11. E

Using the ART Tube/Behringer MIC500USB as an outboard saturation tool?

Would running sounds through this as an outboard tube saturation unit sound like trash? (i.e drums)
  12. E

Anything better than Genelec?

Does the GLM mic come with a calibrated file similar to Sonarworks, or is the mic perfectly flat out of the box?
  13. E

Does room treatment make a difference when mixing at a low volume?

I monitor low when doing vocal rides and stuff, I just didn't know if there was a volume threshold when it comes to the room affecting the sound. I'm aware of the FM curves, I try and aim for like 80 to 85 dB normally.
Top Bottom