Recent content by dulljadedcat

1. D

Apple lossless official announcement

Apple exec personally can’t hear the difference in lossless audio but Apple Music supports it for the “small set of customers” who want it https://9to5mac.com/2021/06/08/eddy...addresses-lossless-audio-debate-in-interview/
  2. D

Apple lossless official announcement

Future AirPods update may enable Lossless audio via AirPlay From the article: The rumor: Streaming audio to AirPods will get a major update in the future, according to Jon Prosser (77.8% accurate) on the Genius Bar podcast. While Bluetooth is too technically limited to support lossless audio...
  3. D

Abyss AB-1266 Phi TC Review (Headphone)

You're not a moderator, so I don't know why you're trying to police speech.
  4. D

The price of the HD660 S and HD650 are both $499 on Sennheiser's website

https://en-us.sennheiser.com/audiophile-range?order_by=created_at-desc https://en-us.sennheiser.com/audiophile-range?order_by=created_at-desc&page=2 By listing the same price for both, is Sennheiser finally admitting that the 660 S and 650 are in the same tier? They tried to market the 660 S...
  5. D

Why are headphone amplifiers still so important to audiophiles?

The audiophile community has stopped parroting these myths like "FLAC sounds better than MP3 (320kb/s) and "expensive cables will improve audio quality" but for some reason we are still spreading the misinformation that one must buy a headphone amp otherwise your shiny new headphone will sound...
  6. D

Sennheiser HD660 S vs HD650 - Which side are you on?

I remember vocals being noticeably more forward in the mix on the 600 compared to the 650. Vocals on the 650 seemed slighty recessed and less "clear". How does the 660 S render vocals? Are they as forward as the 600, as recessed as the 650 or are they somewhere in between?
  7. D

Sennheiser HD660 S vs HD650 - Which side are you on?

In my country in the EU, the 660 S costs $450 and the 650 costs $380. The 6XX from Drop isn't an option because it will take a month and a half to be delivered to me and europeans have to pay import fees. The question is, which one of the 660 S and 650 do you prefer and why?
  8. D

What hasn't beyerdynamic still been able to match the Sennheiser HD 600 & 650?

That's actually a solid argument that I haven't considered before.
  9. D

What hasn't beyerdynamic still been able to match the Sennheiser HD 600 & 650?

The DT 770, 880 & 990 cost less than half as much than the HD 650 & 600 and I think you get what you paid for. Out of curiosity, I bought the DT 770, 880 & 990 and to my ears, all 3 sound like they belong in the ATH-M50X class of headphones, which I use for monitoring purposes at my job. The...
  10. D

Some thoughts on the AirPods Max

I have now used the AirPods Max och listened critically for 3 days and here are the takeaways: + It has the best sub-bass I've ever heard in any closed or open headphone. It's the best part of this headphone. I never understood what people meant they said a certain headphone has one-nore subbas...
Top Bottom