Recent content by confucius_zero

1. confucius_zero

Current best value general USB DAC/AMP dongle?

in the end I gave mine away as it carried this subjective thing called the "sabre glare". The Ikko itm02 sounded better for me but I also gave that one away since I own 3 meizu pros and intend to keep using them :)
  2. confucius_zero

MEIZU Hifi Pro USB-C Phone Dongle DAC Review

I have the CX+Max meizu mblu dongle as well and didn't quite like it over the original meizu pro. The only dongle I felt can stand up to it is the Questyle M12. Of course, all of this is subjective. If you enjoy the CX-MAX, carry on :)
  3. confucius_zero

Horrendous "sabre glare" and sub-par bass extension, subjectively speaking. YMMV It does sound better when use MQA source via Tidal but for me this requirement is too demanding already when the Meizu Pro performed better without the need of MQA. If you enjoy it, plz carry on :)
  4. confucius_zero

SMSL Sanskrit 10th MK II DAC Review

it was already the case when I blind A/B'ed the e30 v sk10ii :)
  5. confucius_zero

Current best value general USB DAC/AMP dongle?

From trying about 30+ dongles over the past 2 years, I can't help but feel this Whizzer DA1 at 30 bucks on AliX (not the cube version) was best value... unless you find the meizu pro CS43131 + OPA1622... Here's review + measurements...
  6. confucius_zero

awesome mate, enjoy listening to yours in good health
  7. confucius_zero

how the times have changed... I believe I've gone full circle in returning to this "dongle" after discarding E1DA 9038D, Sonata HDPro/3/5, Musehifi M1, IBasso DC03/DC03Pro, Hiby FC3, Abigail, Audirect Atom2, Colorfly CDAM1, xduoo link2, ak pee51, lotoo pawS1... Kinda happy I kept 2... I found...
  8. confucius_zero

Do driver materials influence subjectively perceived sound textures if measurements are identical?

the taste of salt and sugar :) however sugar-free sugar tends to be sugar-tasting sodium so...?
  9. confucius_zero

Do driver materials influence subjectively perceived sound textures if measurements are identical?

Some headphones use berylium, some speaker cones are paper instead of wtv composites, some tweeters are AMT-ribbon instead of metal or silk dome etc... Subjectivitists enjoy discussing such nuances and subtleties that are part of the analogic build design decisions of speakers, headphones etc...
  10. confucius_zero

Serious Question: How can DAC's have a SOUND SIGNATURE if they measure as transparent? Are that many confused?

Yawn, stick to the religion of proving all 120+sinad dacs are equal then I'm merely trying to finding out what other metric can they be competing for in order differentiate a 100$ and 1000$ device of equal measure.
  11. confucius_zero

Serious Question: How can DAC's have a SOUND SIGNATURE if they measure as transparent? Are that many confused?

because current measurements seem to provide "ability to deliver source information without adding noise" yet, no hints as to why similar sinad-scoring implementations with different parts clearly sound different to the large majority of centered and subjectivists... isn't it about time a...
  12. confucius_zero

that's your judgement, yet discussions still exists regardless of how many words you spam :) and I'd want those repeated claims to be found on some new data measurements.
  13. confucius_zero

that's exactly the data I'd want to replace "impressionistic words" and objectively prove that a Topping D90 is still "better sounding" than wtv measuring-equivalent dac of a lower price bracket.
  14. confucius_zero

SMSL DO200 MKII DAC Review

The major issues being loads of subjective talk on their "sound signature" still occurring in most audio forums that favor both subjective and objective banter. I just wish for a test bench update to evolve in order to objectify data that are part of the subjective world...
  15. confucius_zero

SMSL DO200 MKII DAC Review

I don't have much ideas aside from trying to come up with a new objectively scientific value that possibly covers possibly subjective interpretation of "dac sound signatures"...
Top Bottom