Recent content by audioJon

1. A

Anyone knows the frequency response of the Stax L300 Limited edition?

Ata, do you have a link to crinacle's EQ settings, I only have his ratings page.
  2. A

Anyone knows the frequency response of the Stax L300 Limited edition?

Hi Florin Andrei, I am awaiting the arrival of my L300's and I will be using Equalizer APO/Peace. Can you please explain how a (negative) 20 dB increases bass response? Thanks, Jon
  3. A

I just ordered some headphones Amir hated. The Focal Clears.

Sammael, what else did you listen too that came close to the Clears? I went to CanJam (to replace my Stax Signatures) I didn't see the Clears (crap!) but my favorites by far were Meze Emperiums $3000 and Hifiman 1000se $3700. My budget is $1000 :(.
  4. A

Using Cheap Laptop as Music Server

To run Logitech Media Server.
  5. A

I use Logitech Media Server with the Squeezer App. I would still need a computer with wifi to install Daphile. I don't necessary need/want a laptop but need Windows and the Gateway laptop is $279. I'd like a small tablet but can't find one for that price.
  6. A

I'd like to buy a laptop to use only as a music server running Qobuz/Tidal and Equalizer APO/Peace. It would be connected to a DAC/Headphone amp. Will something like this Gateway be sufficient: Windows 10 Home (S mode) 11th Gen Intel® Core™ i3-1115G4 Processor (3.0 GHz, Up to 4.10 GHz, 6M...
  7. A

Amazon Fire tablet connect to external DAC

How did you know upsample/downsample was taking place? Is there a work-around?
  8. A

Can you get a good audition at a hi-fi show?

I'd like to go to CanJam here in Southern California and audition open back models but I'm wondering if it will be too noisy. Just yesterday while listening to my Stax Lambda Signatures, my wife was wadding up a piece of paper two rooms away. I thought either the amp or phones were having a...
  9. A

Equalizer APO/Windows

Is it possible to wirelessly stream equalized files (using Equalizer APO) to Bluesound Node or does only hard wired from the computer work?
  10. A

Using Fire HD10 as music server?

Ideally, I'd like use my Windows desktop computer to wirelessly stream my Flac files plus internet radio stations to a Node (or similar) then to a headphone amp/dac. Will Equalizer APO/Peace work like this? Also, will I be able to use the computers' sound balance control?
  11. A

They both look very promising, thank you! And it looks like Bubbleupnp will connect to my Logitech Music Server. Do you know if the current Chromecast device (not the older Chromecast Audio) will connect to a DAC with the Toslink cable?
  12. A

Hi all, first time posting here. I happened upon this site (thank you Amir!) after deciding to part with my Stax SR Lambda Signatures/SRM-T1 that I feed with a Squeezebox Touch. I have a Fire HD10 tablet and would like to load it with my Flac files and stream those along with various internet...
  13. A

Fire HD10 as streamer?

Hi all, first time posting here. I happened upon this site (thank you Amir!) after deciding to part with my Stax SR Lambda Signatures/SRM-T1 that I feed with a Squeezebox Touch. I have a Fire HD10 tablet and would like to load it with my Flac files and stream those along with various internet...
Top Bottom