Recent content by AlfieFroud

1. A

Are there any low priced (under £1000) power amps that measure good?

I’ve been looking through the stereo amp reviews and it seems a lot of them don’t measure great compared to headphone amps and the ones that do are really expensive.
  2. A

RME ADI-2 FS Version 2 DAC and Headphone Amp Review

Are there any reasonably priced power amps like under £1000 that will accept up to 7V to get the full performance out of the RME?
  3. A

Active bookshelf speaker recommendations under £2000.

I think the 8330 would be a better size for my desk. I’m wanting to use my existing DAC DAC as it has some EQ and DSP features that I like. Would it still work well knowing the 8030C will AD/DA internally anyway or would it have a degrade in audio quality because I’m already doing DA with DAC?
  4. A

Active bookshelf speaker recommendations under £2000.

I’m wanting to get a pair of active bookshelf speakers for my desk. They will be paired with the RME ADI-2 FS DAC. I have a budget of under £2000. Due to the pandemic it won’t be possible for me go and try them so it’s going to be pretty much a blind buy. My favourite headphones are the...
  5. A

I have a quick question regarding the pro version. Are the analog inputs only for ADC or can it be used as a preamp to play to some active monitors connected to the XLR output?
  6. A

Impacto wouldn’t work with the camera adapter kit as it kept saying the impacto drawing too much power. I even tried it with the iPhone charger connected to the camera kit at same time.
  7. A

So for the late reply, I ended up falling asleep lol. I’ll give those a try and get back to you. I’ve also noticed that classical music is really quite and its peaking about -35 on a lot of the ones I’ve tried.
  8. A

The one with the lightning port and I usually have it it connected to power.
  9. A

It was connected via both, so DACs USB cable to USB camera kit adapter which connects to the iPhone via lightning.
  10. A

Is there as specific equation you used to work it out? I should really learn more about these things because I do find it really interesting.
  11. A

One song had a peak of -0.6 and another at 0-3. Is the -14 dBr when using high power? So does it sound like it’s working as it should in terms of power?
  12. A

The IPhone doesn’t have a headphone jack but my headphones came with a small DAC thing called the Beyerdynamic impacto which doesn’t have any specs on the power but I did find these online if they’re of any help. Full volume on the impacto is about -16/17 on the RME.
Top Bottom