Recent content by Adam Bernau

1. Adam Bernau

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

I see.. so wouldn´t it be the best to counter-sue immediatelly?
  2. Adam Bernau

Show us your bicycles!

Thanks! I am glad you like it. Just a garage fun project with no ambitions i would say :)
  3. Adam Bernau

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

Guys, i am from Europe, and i understand from the discussion here that legal system is quite different in US, but - From my observation of the progress i think that: 1. The Tekton company is practically nobody, it has no serious weight/ business volume/respected name on the market which is here...
  4. Adam Bernau

Nice turntables. Attached picture is an absolute requirement.

My new Strathclyde Transcription Developments STD 305D. I have fallen in love with the funky retro design and it´s also surprisingly good turntable :)
  5. Adam Bernau

GR Research B24 AC Cable Review Follow up [Entertainment]

First dof all, hats off for your fight against clearly fraudulent snake oil salesmen! The part where the guy is defending his livelihood saying that the improvement of sound quality and listening experience that he´s selling is absolutely unmeasureable, but also claiming that it is easily and...
  6. Adam Bernau

Speaker designs using Purifi drivers

Yes, the BMR is 4.5 inch from Cotswold, the same that is used in Rega RS10 as a midrange. Do try the Cotswold, if they won´t respond i can contact the owner to get you some samples. Might be even better soundwise ") http://www.cotswoldsoundsystems.com/
  7. Adam Bernau

Speaker designs using Purifi drivers

Hi Dennis, am i wrong guessing thast you have used the BMR´s from Cotswold? I have been also working with them previously, done also this fun project a few years ago. PS very nice work, hats off! :)
  8. Adam Bernau

MartinLogan Remakes Motion Series Speakers

Well... the stated sensitivity of 93 dB seems very suspicious :)
  9. Adam Bernau

Most beautiful speakers in the world ?

For your consideration, dear audio connoisseurs. My own construction and design, Ondwey BOHEM active three way, Hypex Fusion powered . Please let me know what you think :)
  10. Adam Bernau

Simulation Overview - Loudspeakers Design via Shape and Topology Optimization

I actually have working specimen of the Yamaha speaker in my vintage Electone 70s organ!
  11. Adam Bernau

Atmos/DTS:X height channel physical placement in an old house...

Here you go. Basically the (four) ceiling speakers should form a square above your head, which is in the center of it. The recommended angles are included in the brochure. https://www.dolby.com/about/support/guide/speaker-setup-guides/5.1.4-overhead-speaker-setup-guide/
  12. Adam Bernau

When did class D start to not suck?

Nice! I have missed that one! <3 I think that the amplifier modules that sir Clive Sinclair produced as one of his first inventions (since 1963) were also Class D btw http://diy.torrens.org/Sinclair/inside/Duncan.php
  13. Adam Bernau

OEPlay- new active speakers coming with brain-melting snakeoil info

Well, it is not correct. Even in Wikipedia definition it says that "The speed of the air as it leaves the diaphragm is approximately five times faster than the speed of the actual driver structure, hence the name Air Motion Transformer:" which exactly means that the AMT folded membrane moving 5x...
  14. Adam Bernau

OEPlay- new active speakers coming with brain-melting snakeoil info

So, this is my first post here, i have found this today, the design of the speakers is not looking bad, reminding me of 70´s Pantone era, Grundig Audiorama etc.. despite the weird and in my opinion not very well fitting wooden legs. But. I have read the info on their page and i have almost died...
  15. Adam Bernau

Nice turntables. Attached picture is an absolute requirement.

Hi guys, perhaps you would like to have a look- this is my latest build in for a client of mine, who also has my active speakers. Custom made cupboard for Sony PS-X555ES, btw i love the turntable. The cupboard has two levels of elastomer based vibration dampening, custom 3D printed feet with...
Top Bottom