• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Snake Oil Department, Top This

egellings

Major Contributor
Get another one for the other channel. If you pick right, you'll have a steady supply of little cables that grow into full-sized ones.

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
Red touch black, good for Jack (non-venomous king or milk snake).
Red touch yellow, kill a fellow (venomous coral snake).

ClicketEKlack

if tempted, buy a used Topaz

lowest interwinding capacitances:

Topaz 91002-32 - 0.0005 pF 1 kVA

Topaz 91001-32 - 30 amp; 2.5kVA

Oh, I'm not in the slightest bit tempted, just curious about the empirical evidence, as this is ASR. IMO, the whole power conditioning thing seems highly suspect. I was talked into getting a budget power conditioner at Best Buy a few years back for my TV and it did jack squat for PQ. I kept it because I needed the outlets and surge protection. I can't imagine the pricey high-end models are magically more effective.

cursive

Forum Donor
Welp... Hit the motherlode today. Not sure if you've ever been to a wonderful site called audiophile.rocks

I truly hope he isn't actually serious and is just trolling. You can get a power cable with a tube full of trash. Or you can get an rca plug with clay and crystals mashed into the end. Choose wisely, your system depends on it!

Capture3.JPGCapture4.JPGCapture5.JPGCapture6.JPGCapture7.JPGCapture2.JPG

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

simplex

Given I have a short fuse probably I should buy this one. Right?
Check their terms & conditions first. At that price, they should at least guarantee that the fuse never ever blows, under absolutely no circumstances! :)

TankTop

I’ve got no problem with audio that’s also works of art, I’ve seen some amazing turntables for example. If you’re going to pay $20,000 for a power cable why not diamond encrust it so you get something for your money?

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

egellings

Major Contributor
Problem with snake as cable is that there is a connector on only one end.

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Problem with snake as cable is that there is a connector on only one end.

The connecter is further up from the extreme, but sometimes it is occupied by hemipenes, so you need the right connector. You got to know your way to the cloaca. The snakes can do it without looking, and no hands.

BTW, snakes should be very expensive, because they are so free of radio interference. I mean, I dare you to make an antenna from one.

Linus

Do people plug these in a regular $1.50 power outlet or do you need a special one?
Then again, if you buy an “audiophile“ grade power outlet, do you connect it to the $0.65/ft electric wire in you walls? Or maybe you need to change these too!?
$3500 power cable to $300 outlet to $10 wire, that makes a lot of sense!!

paulraphael

We're all approaching this wrong.

Science and engineering are great for discovering and applying facts. But they're lousy at persuading.

We should add some sociologists to the mix of electrical engineers and psychoacousticians. Not to try to save any golden-eared mystics. We should ride all our new knowledge straight to the bank.

I'm suggesting a study on what patterns of bullshit and rhetoric trigger the most rabid responses. And then crunch that information to create products and marketing. We should think big. We need to leverage the acoustic ambience of HAARP; the micro-resonance of chem trails; the sub-sonic geolytic flux components of the impending magnetic polar flip; oxygen-free, unidirectional, multi-shielded, battery-enhanced listening chairs; carbon nanotube outlet covers; weighted, rare-earth remote controls.

Why fight these people when they're happy to pay for what they want?

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Science and engineering are great for discovering and applying facts. But they're lousy at persuading.

We should add some sociologists to the mix of electrical engineers and psychoacousticians. Not to try to save any golden-eared mystics. We should ride all our new knowledge straight to the bank.

I'm suggesting a study on what patterns of bullshit and rhetoric trigger the most rabid responses. And then crunch that information to create products and marketing. We should think big. We need to leverage the acoustic ambience of HAARP; the micro-resonance of chem trails; the sub-sonic geolytic flux components of the impending magnetic polar flip; oxygen-free, unidirectional, multi-shielded, battery-enhanced listening chairs; carbon nanotube outlet covers; weighted, rare-earth remote controls.

I like where you're going with this-there's gold in them thar hills!

infinitesymphony

Major Contributor
Do people plug these in a regular $1.50 power outlet or do you need a special one?
Then again, if you buy an “audiophile“ grade power outlet, do you connect it to the $0.65/ft electric wire in you walls? Or maybe you need to change these too!?
Only the finest power regenerators with at least 20 lbs. of useless metal handles will do.

619ps.promo_.jpg

ta240

Major Contributor

I stumbled on a thread on some forum where they were discussing obvious sound differences to their system based on which metal the screw was made out of that held the cover plate onto the outlet.

Robin L

Master Contributor
On the other hand, hospital jacks/plugs make a lot of sense to me.

Robin L

Master Contributor

OtakeIP.jpg

Top Bottom