• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New product: Arvus H1-D

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
The TV would connect to the output. And source like an Apple TV, Amazon fire cube, bluray player, PlayStation etc would be the source.

In an ideal world the input would be HDMI eARC, and you would connect it to the eARC output of the TV in order to decode the audio from the TV. This would allow to use the multiple HDMI input ports on the TV as a multi-port switch, and use the TV remote to switch between them. Also in an ideal world CEC volume control commands would pass from the TV into the unit to control the volume in the unit. But it might be wishful thinking to expect these ideal features.
Yeah, none of those would be a single/primary source either, guess it's just not something I'm likely going to want. You going to buy one and send it in to Amir for some analysis?

OP
D

David4545

The TV would connect to the output. And source like an Apple TV, Amazon fire cube, bluray player, PlayStation etc would be the source.

In an ideal world the input would be HDMI eARC, and you would connect it to the eARC output of the TV in order to decode the audio from the TV. This would allow to use the multiple HDMI input ports on the TV as a multi-port switch, and use the TV remote to switch between them. Also in an ideal world CEC volume control commands would pass from the TV into the unit to control the volume in the unit. But it might be wishful thinking to expect these ideal features.

What if a tv or projector connects to the output (eARC feature for audio in) and something like a HdFury device or Marantz VS3003 ;) is used as an actual switch in order to connect multiple sources to the input?

Do you predict there would be a sync problem or that only had to do with the Dante iteration (which was changed to AES67)?

Positivevibrations

Yeah, none of those would be a single/primary source either, guess it's just not something I'm likely going to want. You going to buy one and send it in to Amir for some analysis?
Anything with an HDMI output could be used as a source. In order for Amir to test it he would need an AES67 compatible dac as well. If I buy one I will test it myself.

Positivevibrations

What if a tv or projector connects to the output (eARC feature for audio in) and something like a HdFury device or Marantz VS3003 is used as an actual switch to connect multiple sources to the input?

Do you predict there would be a sync problem or that only had to do with the Dante iteration (which was changed to AES67)?
I have no idea if it has the ability to sync to an eARC port on the input. It might, and would be great if it does. In order for this to be possible it would need to send clock data backwards from the hdmi input to the TV eARC output to sync the TV to it. Either that or have latency so low that the incoming bitstream could be reclocked, decoded, and sent to the end points without any noticeable lag.

OP
D

David4545

I have no idea if it has the ability to sync to an eARC port on the input. It might, and would be great if it does. In order for this to be possible it would need to send clock data backwards from the hdmi input to the TV eARC output to sync the TV to it. Either that or have latency so low that the incoming bitstream could be reclocked, decoded, and sent to the end points without any noticeable lag.
As far as my application is concerned and I would assume possibly others’ as well, this is something that would need to get tested before I can order one.

Positivevibrations

As far as my application is concerned and I would assume possibly others’ as well, this is something that would need to get tested before I can order one.
Or you can just ask Matthew if it does this. I can imagine he will let potential buyers know the capabilities before taking their money to purchase. A detailed PDF manual anyone can download would be welcome.

Positivevibrations

Rather use an avr.
The point of this device is an AVR replacement. Storm Audio, Lyngdorf, JBL, and soon Trinnov have AVP’s with AES67 out options for folks who want more IO and features. Studio guys don’t need the massive size, I/O and DAC’s to meet their needs for spatial sound production. And some people don’t need all the clutter and features to meet their needs in a residential setting either.

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
The point of this device is an AVR replacement. Storm Audio, Lyngdorf, JBL, and soon Trinnov have AVP’s with AES67 out options for folks who want more IO and features. Studio guys don’t need the massive size, I/O and DAC’s to meet their needs for spatial sound production. And some people don’t need all the clutter and features to meet their needs in a residential setting either.
Without multiple source switching not much of a replacement. I've got no interest in production, tho.

OP
D

David4545

Not that particularly, no. Why?
Because that’s the only one available as digital only, meaning you wouldn’t be wasting money on DACs and analog boards you might not need depending on your application. Just being curious.

Hayabusa

Addicted to Fun and Learning
It deserves its own thread, don’t you all think? :)

Nice, it would be ideal is there would by aes67 preamp multichannel DAC XLR FIR filters DSP etc, anybody knows already?

Positivevibrations

Nice, it would be ideal is there would by aes67 preamp multichannel DAC XLR FIR filters DSP etc, anybody knows already?
Could connect over Ethernet to a bunch of these:

and a few of these:

Control volume with H1-D remote

Littletycoon

Would be ideal for my plan: 12 genelec smart ip speakers for surrounds, Grimm active speakers F/L connected by usb from PC. I hook up the PC as my streamer to the Arvus hmdi in, tv to the earc out, pick up the decoded audio from the Arvus on my pc with either Ravenna/Dante and route it to the speakers. Fully digital until conversion in the speakers. If you wish only non speaker hardware required is this Arvus, say a NUC sized computer and network switch (and ethernet cables off course, but those are thinner and cheaper than audio cables). So much more practical and cheaper.

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
There’s only 1 input port. So you either need to connect 1 source at a time, have a multiport HDMI 2.1 switch, or use a TV as a multiport switch.
The Marantz VS3003 worked well with the H2-4D but that was before I had AES67 facilities.

Top Bottom