• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Noise Suppressor Adhesive Tape Pulshut

Killingbeans

Major Contributor
Someone asked for a report on this material, so I have responded, describing what I have heard. I trust my ears.

I don't. And I don't trust my own either. Or rather I acknowledge that they can be fooled easily.

Does that mean that I believe everything I hear is just my imagination? Audio solipsism? Of course not. But the risk of cognitive bias taking us for a ride is always present.

The only way to know for sure is to do tedious blind testing respecting the limitation of echoic memory. Especially in cases like these, where a product is claimed to redefine the laws of physics as we know them.

Did you listen to the video? You hear no difference?

I did, and no I didn't hear a difference. And if I had it would most like be because:

a. The equivalence of a Homeopat going "Did you have a taste? Can you feel the sickness leaving your body?" (Hint: Pure expectation bias -> placebo)
b. The YouTuber who made the video got a little "creative" with some EQ settings. Wouldn't be the first time a snake oil affiliate used dirty tricks like that.

AudiOhm

I must getting real senile: I read “ send a Troll into ASR”
Was I far from the truth?

Peace.
You made me look twice...;)

Ohms

JustJones

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Noise Suppression adhesive Tape

1676162294919.png

AudiOhm

Lotusman

We want evidence, not another profit driven fairytale. Do you have evidence? Please show us.
Apparently no one has listened to the example provided. If you guys think you are free of bias, think again. I won’t waste your time or mine. Have fun.

HarmonicTHD

Major Contributor
Apparently no one has listened to the example provided. If you guys think you are free of bias, think again. I won’t waste your time or mine. Have fun.
Did you watch the video I linked above on blind testing? I guess not.

No facts then? No sample to @amirm ? Can’t be that costly?
Or are you concerned that he might find that your product does absolutely nothing with regard to audible improvements?

Last edited:

Killingbeans

Major Contributor
If you guys think you are free of bias, think again.

We never thought that. We know that we are biased. Just like any other human being.

But it doesn't matter in this context. It's all about probability.
Your claim comes as close to litteral impossibility as it gets, while ours is more than reasonable.

That makes your claim the extraordinaire one, meaning that the burden of proof lies on you.
"Listen to this YouTube video and be amazed!" does not count as proof of anything.

At some level I hope that you are just a happy hobbyist enjoying an endless circle of "experimentation" not caring about what's actually going on as long as you get the gratification of apparent results. Then you can choose to stick around and dive deeper into things.

But for all we know you could be a simple con artist looking for a new place to peddle nonsense. In that case you would definitely not belong here.

Reactions: Gdg

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor

Todd k

Forum Donor
people amaze me. If the distributer had spent 10 minutes on this site reading any of the hundreds of threads he surely would not have been foolish enough to bring that claim in here. Or I guess he is that foolish. Did he actually think someone mite buy his mystical magical tape?

Last edited:

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
people amaze me. If the distributer had spent 10 minutes on this site reading any of the hundreds of threads he surely would not have been foolish enough to bring that claim in here. Or I guess he is that foolish. Did he actually think someone mite buy his mystical magical tape?
If he's even the distributor, and not just another troll.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Thank you for signing up just to inform us of this great discovery. Be sure we will give your YouTube video all the consideration it deserves!

Top Bottom